PROBLEM: Accessing Foxpro table(Deleting, update, insert) READ ONLY

PROBLEM: Accessing Foxpro table(Deleting, update, insert) READ ONLY

Post by Erlend Stokkeda » Fri, 28 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Hello,

I have a strange problem that I hope someone can help me with. I have
mad a Visual Basic application that is supposed to be connected to a
Foxpro databasefile called cust.dbf.

I use the Datacontrol, and in the connect property of this control I set

this property to Foxpro 2.6; I select the database name, and the
recordsource is automatically filled in with 'Cust'. I have attached
some textboxes to the database controller, and when I run the program,
the values stored in this database is shown in these textboxes. When I
want to add, delete, or update some records I get this message:

Run time error '3027'. Can't update. Database or object is read only.
The property of the database controller's Read-only property is set to
False.

What is wrong? Why can't I access the foxpro table to be able to insert,

delete etc.

Hope someone can help me.

Regards Erlend Stokkedal

1. PROBLEM: Accessing Foxpro table(delete, update, insert)

[...]

2. deleting a file in an asp

3. OLTP: 90% read, 10% insert/update/delete

4. 6.5 drops temp tables

5. How Read and Update Btrieve 6.1x File with Visual Foxpro and Access

6. Importing Into Access

7. Lock table for insert/update, not for read

8. How to use Smart Pointers to Simplify SQL-DMO

9. I can't made updates, inserts and deletes with ana access client

10. Insert,Update,Delete Record in Multiple Table

11. Insert,Update,Delete Record in Multiple Table-URGENT

12. Auto update insert delete bet. 2 tables

13. Can't insert, delete, or update tables