OODBS Schema Implementation

Post by C.G » Thu, 08 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Does anyone out there have any papers on, know of any papers on, or have hands
on experience with implementing the schema of an object-oriented database
schema? I want some idea of the data strustures used to implement the actual
schema i.e tables, trees or whatever. All and any help is greatly appreciated.

Curtis Gittens

1. Summary of Schema Evolution Support in OODBs

I am in the process of updating my survey of Schema Evolution support
for OODBs (last posted here May 1991) and am soliciting information
about all publicly available (research or commercial) OODB and
extended relations systems, or systems that have appeared in the
academic literature.

o   I have up-to-date information about the following systems:

        POSTGRES
        COOL/COCOON
        Macchiavelli
        O_2
        Statice (Symbolics)
        Versant
        Objectivity/DB
        CLOSQL [Monk & Sommerville, BNCOD 10]
        OTGen [Lerner, OOPSLA90]
        ENCORE [Skarra & Zdonik, OOPSLA 86]
        AVANCE [Bjornerstedt & Hulten]
        Pick

o   I have 1 year-old information about the following systems:
    (need notification of recent changes)

        ConceptBase
        CLOS (various implementations)
        Object Design
        Ontos (Ontologic)
        IDL
        IRIS (HP research system)

o   I have book knowledge (ie. academic journals/conferences) of the
    following systems:
    (updates about current situation requested)

        ORION (now ITASCA)
        E/EXODUS
        GemStone

o   I have no information about the following systems:

        OPEN OODBMS
        STONE
        Kala
        <any other system or ongoing research project that I have left out>

--

Carnegie Mellon University              Phone:       +1 412 268 2145
5000 Forbes Avenue                      Fax:         +1 412 268 5739

2. Best way to change a field size?

3. Implementation details of schema permissions?

4. help please

5. anyone have oodbs recommendations for use with vb5

6. Updating distinct rows

7. problems with OODBS Jasmine-persistentJava

8. INFORMIX CAREER OPPORTUNITIES

9. The Mathematical Foundation of OODBs (XDb)

10. job available: heterogeneous DBs / OODBs

11. Looking for info on OODBs

12. PD-OODBS

13. OODBs: DB size + levels of concurrency