Type 13 Data Mismatch error on ADO 2.6/Jet 4.0 assignments

Type 13 Data Mismatch error on ADO 2.6/Jet 4.0 assignments

Post by Bill Conle » Mon, 15 Oct 2001 04:38:32

I'm using the ADO 2.6 Library with VB against a Jet 4.0
DB.  Everything seems to work fine in my IDE and as an EXE
in my environment (Windows 2000).  When I run the App on
my clients machine (as an EXE), an NT 4.0 OS, he gets Type
13 data mismatch errors on assignment of DB elements to
variables (I have narrowed it down to longs and date data
types).

Does this sound familiar to anyone?  Do you know the
cause?  Solution?

Bill Conley
<><><><>

Type 13 Data Mismatch error on ADO 2.6/Jet 4.0 assignments

Post by Val Mazu » Mon, 15 Oct 2001 21:58:05

Hi,

It looks like application cannot convert values from DB
fields into valiable's datatype. It can be with numbers
and dates because of differen international setting on
your and clients PC. Probably you need to go through debug
mode on client PC and to check how to fix that problem.
Probably you do not provide explicite datatype conversion
using different VB functions like CDat, CLng etc.

Val

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I'm using the ADO 2.6 Library with VB against a Jet 4.0
>DB.  Everything seems to work fine in my IDE and as an
EXE
>in my environment (Windows 2000).  When I run the App on
>my clients machine (as an EXE), an NT 4.0 OS, he gets
Type
>13 data mismatch errors on assignment of DB elements to
>variables (I have narrowed it down to longs and date data
>types).

>Does this sound familiar to anyone?  Do you know the
>cause?  Solution?

>Bill Conley
><><><><>
>.

1. Data Mismatch errors w/ ADO 2.6/Jet 4.0 DB Fileds Assignments

I'm using the ADO 2.6 Library with VB against a Jet 4.0
DB.  Everything seems to work fine in my IDE and as an EXE
in my environment (Windows 2000).  When I run the App on
my clients machine (as an EXE), an NT 4.0 OS, he gets Type
13 data mismatch errors on assignment of DB elements to
variables (I have narrowed it down to longs and date data
types).

Does this sound familiar to anyone?  Do you know the
cause?  Solution?

Bill Conley
<><><><>

2. ORACLE FINANCIAL GURU NEEDED!!!

3. "Runtime Error 13 Data Type mismatch"

4. odbc driver for informix 5 SE

5. Error 13: Type Mismatch error

6. HELP ...Initializing BDE

7. run time error type mismatch 13

8. list of tables created by enterprise manager

9. Type Mismatch error 13

10. Run-time error '13': Type mismatch

11. "Run-time error 13: Type Mismatch"

12. Type Mismatch Error 13