microsoft news server

Post by @mail.dma.b » Sat, 13 Dec 1997 04:00:00

For some time now, I haven't been able to access
    microsoft.public.fox.programmer.exchange
or
    microsoft.vfp. ...

Does this news server still exist ?
If it does, could it be that my internet provider
doesn't give access to that site ? (I have no
problem accessing e.g. www.microsoft.com )

Thank you for any answer.

Marc Van Riet

microsoft news server

Post by Christopher A. Re » Tue, 16 Dec 1997 04:00:00

>For some time now, I haven't been able to access
>    microsoft.public.fox.programmer.exchange
>or
>    microsoft.vfp. ...

>Does this news server still exist ?
>If it does, could it be that my internet provider
>doesn't give access to that site ? (I have no
>problem accessing e.g. www.microsoft.com )

Are you directly accessing news.msnews.com, or are you reading the
groups from your ISP's list?  If you have access to the MS news
server, then the only thing I can say is keep trying (It has been up
and down here lately).  On the other hand, if you have been reading
these groups through your ISP, then your ISP is either not updating
the groups or has taken them off their server.

Christopher Reed

microsoft news server

Post by Steven Re » Thu, 18 Dec 1997 04:00:00

>For some time now, I haven't been able to access
>    microsoft.public.fox.programmer.exchange

It's still there. I get 5 to 10 messages per day at my end.

Quote:>or
>    microsoft.vfp. ...

Can't say about that one...  I've not subscribed to that one.

Quote:>If it does, could it be that my internet provider
>doesn't give access to that site ? (I have no
>problem accessing e.g. www.microsoft.com )

Ask your isp system administrator to check on it.

Quote:>Thank you for any answer.

Your welcome.

Quote:

>Marc Van Riet

Steve

microsoft news server

Post by Gene Wirchen » Thu, 18 Dec 1997 04:00:00

>>For some time now, I haven't been able to access
>>    microsoft.public.fox.programmer.exchange

>It's still there. I get 5 to 10 messages per day at my end.

     I get even more: a few dozen (at least) daily on weekdays.

     It's quite alive.

[snip]

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

C Pronunciation Guide:
     y=x++;     "wye equals ex plus plus semicolon"
     x=x++;     "ex equals ex doublecross semicolon"