Multiple programs accessing Access 2000 locking up

Multiple programs accessing Access 2000 locking up

Post by Michael Gusti » Wed, 19 Jun 2002 11:09:48

I am using ADO 2.1 with MS Access 2000 in an ActiveX environment. I have
four programs running on the same machine as the database. The programs are
writing to the database periodically. One of the programs  will do this  by
opening a connection loading a recordset with data and then the database is
updated. After the four programs are running for a while one of the programs
will continue to work and the other three will hang waiting to update the
database.

It appears that the one program continuing to run is not terminating the
connection to the database.
The recordset cursor is set to adopenforwardonly and the lock is
adlockoptimistic.

My procedure for updating the database is :

Repeat
    AddNew
    LoadData into recordset
Until end of data
Update database

I appreciate any insight someone can give me.

Mike Gustin

Multiple programs accessing Access 2000 locking up

Post by Fadi El-Ete » Sat, 22 Jun 2002 19:22:24

Don't use access for multiple connections, use SQL Server instead.

--
regards,
Fadi El-Eter, ABEO

Multiple programs accessing Access 2000 locking up

Post by Carl Fris » Tue, 25 Jun 2002 14:50:39

Where are you closing the recordset and connection.  Also where are you
setting the closed objects to nothing?

--
... Carl Frisk

Quote:> I am using ADO 2.1 with MS Access 2000 in an ActiveX environment. I have
> four programs running on the same machine as the database. The programs
are
> writing to the database periodically. One of the programs  will do this
by
> opening a connection loading a recordset with data and then the database
is
> updated. After the four programs are running for a while one of the
programs
> will continue to work and the other three will hang waiting to update the
> database.

> It appears that the one program continuing to run is not terminating the
> connection to the database.
> The recordset cursor is set to adopenforwardonly and the lock is
> adlockoptimistic.

> My procedure for updating the database is :

> Repeat
>     AddNew
>     LoadData into recordset
> Until end of data
> Update database

> I appreciate any insight someone can give me.

> Mike Gustin

1. How to convert a Access 95 program to Access 2000 program

Hi, everybody
   I have a Access 95 program written in VBA. I can't run it any more
since my computer has only Access 2000. How to make it run in Access
2000. This old program has some code like "Dynaset" and
"Forms!Users!Access". Should I rewrite the whole program in order to
run it in Access 2000? It looks to me that Access 2000 is using not
only different library, but also the language is a little bit
different. What's the best solution with this situation.

Thanks!

Xiaohang Zhu

2. sort order

3. Access to access 2000 mdb by access 97 program via VB6 and ADO

4. Where to find References and Tutorials for SQL

5. An access 95 program doesn't work on access 2000

6. end of row delimiter error

7. Multiple query lock-ups

8. 'Data Space Available', versus sp_spaceused (V.6.5)

9. Converting program from SQL 2000 to Access 2000

10. SQL data access by Access 97 and Access 2000

11. Access 97 upgrade to Access 2000 or Access 2002

12. Upsize Access 97 to SQL 2000 without SQL 7 or Access 2000

13. Importing an Access 2000 table into another Access 2000 database with VB Code