Good books/reference on ADO

Post by Garfield Ca » Sat, 18 Aug 2001 01:59:22

Hi,

    I plan to implement a visual foxpro application to interface with an
access database using ADO. Can anyone suggest some books or references ?

Thanks
Raymond

Good books/reference on ADO

Post by Val Mazu » Sat, 18 Aug 2001 02:18:07

Hi,

MSDN is a good source for ADO.

Val

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi,

>    I plan to implement a visual foxpro application to
interface with an
>access database using ADO. Can anyone suggest some books
or references ?

>Thanks
>Raymond

>.

Good books/reference on ADO

Post by Fredrik Wahlgre » Sun, 19 Aug 2001 06:31:16

Quote:> Hi,

>     I plan to implement a visual foxpro application to interface with an
> access database using ADO. Can anyone suggest some books or references ?

> Thanks
> Raymond

"Programming ADO" by microsoft press is good. It doesn't mention FpoxPro,
though.
The book's identification is ISBN 0-7356-0764-8

/ Fredrik

Good books/reference on ADO

Post by Ketil Krum » Sun, 19 Aug 2001 06:29:24

As Val mentioned MSDN is great, but if you want a book I recommend David
Sceppa's Programming ADO (Microsoft Press, ISBN 0-7356-0764-8).

From what I read WIlliam Vaughn is also working on one.  I don't know if the
release date is set yet (you can ask him - he participates actively in this
newsgroup), but judging from other books of his it will be great.

Ketil

Quote:> Hi,

>     I plan to implement a visual foxpro application to interface with an
> access database using ADO. Can anyone suggest some books or references ?

> Thanks
> Raymond

Good books/reference on ADO

Post by Bill » Sun, 19 Aug 2001 08:14:44

My book(s) have been available for some time now. See my web site for titles
and great (cheap) places to buy it worldwide. Look for ADO Examples and Best
Practices. And yes, I'm working on a new edition for release this fall on
ADO.NET.

I must say David's book is also good (I wrote the forward for it).  ;)

--
William (Bill) Vaughn
President Beta V Corporation

> As Val mentioned MSDN is great, but if you want a book I recommend David
> Sceppa's Programming ADO (Microsoft Press, ISBN 0-7356-0764-8).

> From what I read WIlliam Vaughn is also working on one.  I don't know if
the
> release date is set yet (you can ask him - he participates actively in
this
> newsgroup), but judging from other books of his it will be great.

> Ketil

> > Hi,

> >     I plan to implement a visual foxpro application to interface with an
> > access database using ADO. Can anyone suggest some books or references ?

> > Thanks
> > Raymond

Good books/reference on ADO

Post by nigel defreita » Sat, 25 Aug 2001 10:50:14

This is a really good ADO book:
ADO Examples and Best Practices
by William R. Vaughn
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/189311516X.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

> > Hi,

> >     I plan to implement a visual foxpro application to interface with an
> > access database using ADO. Can anyone suggest some books or references ?

> > Thanks
> > Raymond

> "Programming ADO" by microsoft press is good. It doesn't mention FpoxPro,
> though.
> The book's identification is ISBN 0-7356-0764-8

> / Fredrik

1. ADO to DAO, any good books/references?

We have replaced our DAO code with ADO (VB6 applications).

We were 'cruising along' testing all our apps on Access 2000 (high fives!,
love and tenderness....)  then the bombshell, we upsized to SQL Server and
found out how 'stupid we are'

Everything from date formats, SUMMING on JOINS, the good old left() function
and all the other nicities of DAO.

Can someone tell me where I can get a good book/information on how to write
queries in ADO that will work on SQL Server 2000!  I'm waisted..

The big picture is this.. so far our clients haven't 'run into' the Access
ceiling (performance and size) but we are adding larger clients (more users)
and we were/are afraid of installing a 20-40 user system with Access 2000 -
so our plan was to change over to ADO code and let the smaller users stay on
Access and the whales get SQL Server 2000.

Any help/advice much appreciated!

2. Table Artist - Visual Database Diagrammer

3. What is best reference books for DTS?

4. James, Jovos

5. Good replication programming books/references?

6. Announcing the Windows cluster technology community technology center (NLB and MSCS)

7. I need a good reference book on SQL

8. (Fwd) Re: Informix Message Log

9. Good books for SQL Language Reference

10. I need a good reference book on SQL

11. Good Reference Books

12. A good SQL tutorial/reference book ?

13. Good SQL reference book?