Access CrossTab query error "Cant bind forms!form!control

Post by Clay D. Nicho » Thu, 19 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Access CrossTab query error "Cant bind forms!form!control

I have created a crosstab query in MS Acces 7.0.
I am using bound and unbound controls on a form to provide the criteria.
I keep getting an error when I try to open the CrossTab Query: "Can't bind
<control>".

Help indicated that I should set the data type for the query (in the
paramters).  Didn't work.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Clay Nichols

1. Updating Access form bound control

I am having difficulty updating an Access DB from a bound control.  The data
is pulled into the control OK but when I change the textbox no data is saved
in the DB.

OVERVIEW:

Using a textbox bound to a field in a data control.
Data control populated at run-time by a querydef from Access.
Field gets populated.
Change field, data NOT saved in DB.

I also tried to "manually" update the record with the following code:

NOTE: datLabsGYN is the data control

    datLabsGYN.Recordset.Edit
    datLabsGYN.Recordset.Fields!BreastBx = txtBreastBiopsy.Text
    datLabsGYN.Recordset.Update

The code blows up on the Update with the following error:

#3426 - This action was cancelled by an associated object.

I am looking for any and all suggestions.  Please help me.

Jeff Kararo

2. Simple update query failing(bug maybe?)

3. Calculated controls in Access Form bound to ADO recordset

4. Return One Row

5. Controls bound to a data control on another form

6. Looking for Functional Model - DAPLEX

7. Binding a control to data control on a seperate form

8. Memo File missing error

9. Binding controls to a data control on a different form

10. Controlling events on an Access Form from a VB form

11. Controlling Access Forms from an Outlook Form

12. Errors inserting as record in Access Form bound to ADO recordset

13. How to use "unload form", "form.hide", "form.visible =false "?