mdac 2.1 to mdac 2.6

Post by Mike » Sun, 06 May 2001 07:26:00

I am using the following code to connect to MSAccess97...

Dim cnWGPProjMgr As ADODB.Connection
Set cnWGPProjMgr = New ADODB.Connection
With cnWGPProjMgr
    .Provider = "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51"
    .ConnectionString = PMdB
    .Open
End With

I now have to use Windows2000 with mdac 2.6 and I get an error saying the
provider can not be found.  What is the best way to connect to an MSAccess97
database with mdac 2.6?  I am trying to minimize the code I have to use.

Thanks for the help.

mdac 2.1 to mdac 2.6

Post by Lars Lundsted » Sun, 06 May 2001 23:04:01

You should use "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" for provider...

I am using the following code to connect to MSAccess97...

Dim cnWGPProjMgr As ADODB.Connection
Set cnWGPProjMgr = New ADODB.Connection
With cnWGPProjMgr
    .Provider = "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51"
    .ConnectionString = PMdB
    .Open
End With

I now have to use Windows2000 with mdac 2.6 and I get an error saying the
provider can not be found.  What is the best way to connect to an MSAccess97
database with mdac 2.6?  I am trying to minimize the code I have to use.

Thanks for the help.

mdac 2.1 to mdac 2.6

Post by Carlo » Tue, 08 May 2001 03:21:26

 Jet 4.0 Service Pack 3 is available if you are installing MDAC 2.6 and also need
to install the Jet components.
http://www.microsoft.com/data/download_Jet4SP3.htm
Quote:-----Original Message-----

I am using the following code to connect to MSAccess97...

Dim cnWGPProjMgr As ADODB.Connection
Set cnWGPProjMgr = New ADODB.Connection
With cnWGPProjMgr
    .Provider = "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51"
    .ConnectionString = PMdB
    .Open
End With

I now have to use Windows2000 with mdac 2.6 and I get an error saying the
provider can not be found.  What is the best way to connect to an MSAccess97
database with mdac 2.6?  I am trying to minimize the code I have to use.

Thanks for the help.
.

mdac 2.1 to mdac 2.6

Post by Peter Richard » Mon, 14 May 2001 20:18:20

Would you have to do this for MDAC2.1 to MDAC2.5. We upograded and have had
nothing but trouble with performance on some computers since. Seems to be a
theme on some of the messages here. We cannot fathom out why, although AMD
processors seem more vulnerable.
Peter Richards

> You should use "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" for provider...

> I am using the following code to connect to MSAccess97...

> Dim cnWGPProjMgr As ADODB.Connection
> Set cnWGPProjMgr = New ADODB.Connection
> With cnWGPProjMgr
>     .Provider = "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51"
>     .ConnectionString = PMdB
>     .Open
> End With

> I now have to use Windows2000 with mdac 2.6 and I get an error saying the
> provider can not be found.  What is the best way to connect to an
MSAccess97
> database with mdac 2.6?  I am trying to minimize the code I have to use.

> Thanks for the help.

1. MDAC 2.6 on the Server and MDAC 2.1 on the Client - Big Problems

We have recently developed an application that uses MTS 2.0 (4
external custom DLL's) on the server with MDAC 2.6 SP2 (accessing SQL
Server 2000) which is accessed by client workstations that are running
MDAC 2.1 SP2. Our application which is written in VB 6.0 SP5 and will
not function correctly (it just doesn't create connections or return
Recordsets or do anything requiring the MDAC, it just sits there).

My Question is, does this type of environment actually work? and if so
any suggestions and how to get it working.

We don't want to upgrade to MDAC 2.6 on the client as this has the
potential to break other applications that work with MDAC 2.1 and we
require MDAC 2.6 on the server as we access SQL Server 2000 and return
xml streams to the MTS components

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Pete Turnbull

2. Tracking Server Usage

3. Query Cache

4. Problems with Round and Trunc

5. Differences between MDAC 2.1 & 2.6

6. universe lock bug

7. HELP: MDAC 2.1 and MDAC 2.5

8. MDAC 2.1 to MDAC 2.0

9. MDAC 2.0 & 2.1 V MDAC 1.5

10. MDAC 2.0 Vs MDAC 2.1 - Compatibility Issues.

11. ODBC Drive returns records using MDAC 2.0 but not MDAC 2.1 SP 2