Improved SQL query/view generating tool for FoxPro 6.0

Improved SQL query/view generating tool for FoxPro 6.0

Post by Darre » Fri, 04 Jan 2002 06:39:45

I'm looking for either a 3rd party addition (or Fox 7.0?)
to improve remote view/query generation.  Basic problem is
non editable SQL statement window.

I have tested queries from other applications that I'd
like to just paste and go.  Length and complexity make
building query manually basically impossible.  You might
do it once, then kill yourself before doing again.  Add in
inability to have single letter alias and better
statement line breaks (for readability) and it's a losing
cause.

I use Quest SQL Navigator 4 for now and run it into FoxPro
via tab-delimited file.  Clumsy clumsy clumsy.

Would like better SQL tool to generate views I can access
directly within programs (the actual use).
.

Improved SQL query/view generating tool for FoxPro 6.0

Post by Jeffrey Huntsma » Thu, 10 Jan 2002 02:43:22

Try searching at ComponentSource.com

Quote:> I'm looking for either a 3rd party addition (or Fox 7.0?)
> to improve remote view/query generation.  Basic problem is
> non editable SQL statement window.

> I have tested queries from other applications that I'd
> like to just paste and go.  Length and complexity make
> building query manually basically impossible.  You might
> do it once, then kill yourself before doing again.  Add in
> inability to have single letter alias and better
> statement line breaks (for readability) and it's a losing
> cause.

> I use Quest SQL Navigator 4 for now and run it into FoxPro
> via tab-delimited file.  Clumsy clumsy clumsy.

> Would like better SQL tool to generate views I can access
> directly within programs (the actual use).
> .

---

1. Better FoxPro 6.0 SQL tool

I'm looking for either a 3rd party addition (or Fox 7.0?)
to improve remote view/query generation.  Basic problem is
non editable SQL statement window.

I have tested queries from other applications that I'd
like to just paste and go.  Length and complexity make
building query manually basically impossible.  You might
do it once, then kill yourself before doing again.  Add in
inability to have single letter alias and better
statement line breaks (for readability) and it's a losing
cause.

I use Quest SQL Navigator 4 for now and run it into FoxPro
via tab-delimited file.  Clumsy clumsy clumsy.

Would like better SQL tool to generate views I can access
directly within programs (the actual use).

2. Does ADO internally serialize database comands??

3. SQL 6.0/ 6.5 set rowcount @variable generates error

4. DDF localtion in Intersolv ODBC driver

5. Accessing Visual Foxpro 6.0 with VB 6.0

6. US-TX- Dallas/Houston-All Oracle Skills Needed

7. VB 6.0 - Visual FoxPro 6.0 Tables and VB

8. MySQL vs MS-SQL server speed difference

9. Accessing FoxPro 6.0 database using VB 6.0

10. SQL server 6.0 to Watcom/Sybase SQL Anywhere porting tool

11. how to improve query performance wihout using dynamic sql

12. Question about using a pl/sql table to improve performance of a query

13. How to make earlier version Foxpro DBF files in Visual Foxpro 6.0