VSG port - Unidata ODBC

Post by prabhashshrest » Fri, 28 Mar 2003 23:27:33

What port number(s) does VSG use?  I need to be able to execute Informix
VSG application from home.  Anyone who has done this?  Our RS6000 box
which hosts Unidata is behind firewall as well.

Prabhash
800 424 2725 ext., 247

VSG port - Unidata ODBC

Post by Ken Walli » Sat, 29 Mar 2003 08:31:05

> What port number(s) does VSG use?  I need to be able to execute
> Informix VSG application from home.  Anyone who has done this?  Our
> RS6000 box which hosts Unidata is behind firewall as well.

I'm pretty sure VSG is now just a UniObjects application so it'll use the
UniRPC service that you can find in /etc/services on your RS6000.  Of
course, if you have an old version of UniData, then it might be using
ObjectCall and then you'd have to check for the uniapi entry in
/etc/services.

Cheers,

Ken

> You will find more UniData specific knowledge on the U2 (UniData and
> UniVerse) specific mailing list run by Clif Oliver

VSG port - Unidata ODBC

Post by prabhashshrest » Sat, 29 Mar 2003 23:37:04

Well, this is what I end up doing.  I created a VPN tunnel to the
machine that has VSG installed.  I terminal into the machine and
executed the VSG.  Documentation and web search was not of any help and
hence had to take a different route.  Thanks for the response.

Originally posted by Ken Wallis