Status Bar problem (VFP6)

Post by Fred Lepo » Thu, 10 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I need to use the statusbar for important messages.  In the beginning of the
program, I can set the status bar using

_VFP.Statusbar = "message"

However, as soon as I set any control using StatusBarText = "prompt"

I lose control of the status bar.  If I do not have a StatusBarText set for
ALL controls, I get the Set Talk On database status information on the
status bar.  All commands like

SET Talk Off
 or
 Set Message to "message"

are ignored.

How can I regain control of the Status Bar after using StatusBarText in a
control?

Thank you,

Fred Lepow

Status Bar problem (VFP6)

Post by Wolfgang Schmal » Tue, 29 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi Fred!
IMHO the easiest way is SET STATUS BAR OFF and to create a own form with the
properties of the status bar. i.e. A form which is not resizeable by the user,
is not moveable, is light gray..... with only 1 textbox on it. Now you've full
control over the "status bar"

--

mfg

Wolfgang Schmale / Germany

Quote:> I need to use the statusbar for important messages.  In the beginning of the