Need info on ADABAS by Software AG

Post by mla.. » Sun, 02 Dec 1990 22:24:00

I'm evaluating a number of databases and am considering ADABAS by
Software AG.  This database would have to support a high volume of
transactions, 50+ concurrent users and 10+ gigabytes of data.

If anyone can direct me to evaluations and/or benchmark data on this
product, I'd appreciate it.  If you have used this product, I'd like
to hear your impressions about ADABAS.

Thanks in advance.
*

*

1. Software AG ADABAS SQL Server and ODBC with Delphi

We're testing the Software AG ADABAS C SQL Server 1.3.1 on Open VMS/VAX
as a server for ADABAS ODBC 1.1.2 clients on PCs. The PCs are running
Paradox for Windows and Borland Delphi applications. We have experience
of talking to an Oracle/Rdb server on the VAX which works fine, and are
evaluating ADABAS as an alternative.

Has anyone out there used Delphi clients against an ADABAS SQL server?

Thanks - John
+-------------------+--------------------------------------------------+

Forbo-Lancaster Ltd.| X.400: c=GB,a=CWMAIL,p=FORBO,s=McCreesh
Lancaster, England  | Voice: +44 (0)1524 65222 Fax: +44 (0)1524 61638

2. Q: Java stored procedures

3. Software AG: Adabas & Natural

4. Bus. hs logic - ignore weekends

5. Need info on ADABAS

6. SQL Server and Windows XP

7. SHARE & NT

8. Information re: Software AG?

9. Information RE: Software AG?

10. Press: Speedware Acquires Software AG's ESPERANT

11. Information / Opinions re: Software AG products