First Choice

Post by WDUNCA » Fri, 26 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I want to move to a Windows 95 database but have many files in an old DOS
program, First Choice 3.1. What Win95 database(s) will let me move my files
over intact.

Help

Wayne Duncan

First Choice

Post by KKuki » Fri, 26 Dec 1997 04:00:00

old DOS program, First Choice 3.1. What Win95 database(s) will let me move my
files over intact.

Help"
================
Dear Wayne Duncan:

You'll need to know how First Choice stores it's data, what kind of file format
do they use.  My bet is DBF files, since it came about the same time that dBase
was pretty active.  But without that knowledge, can't be very helpful.

Most commercial packages these days, such as Paradox and Access, will accept
data in DBF format.  But you'll have to check.

Good Luck and Happy Holidays,

---Kristine:>

First Choice

Post by Carbo9 » Mon, 29 Dec 1997 04:00:00

If I recall, First Choice came with a utility for exporting its data files.
DbaseII, dbaseIII, comma delimited and a few others....
You should have no trouble importing to just about any modern
application.

Joe

1. First Choice Data Transfer

Hi,

Does anybody know how to transfer a database file from First Choice (with
all available fields) to another format (DBase, Paradox).

When I used FC's own export option it only exports a limit quantity of
fields.

Thanks in advance.

EJ

2. C++ Headers

3. A question about First Choice database program

4. new object ?

5. Desperate: First Choice conversion!

6. Firewalls between Servers

7. First Choice / Window Works

8. Install oracle 8.1.7(Error in invoking target ioracle of makefile /home/oracle/rdbms/lib/ins_rdbms.mk

9. PFS: First Choice db trashed! help

10. Converting First Choice

11. PFS: First Choice

12. PFS First Choice --> ASCII OUTPUT??

13. Character sets: choices, choices, ...