Job: St. Louis

Post by Wern » Thu, 21 Jun 2001 01:05:10

Excellent opportunity for the right person . To 60K
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent
work experience; 2-5 years experience required; strong
analytical/problem-solving abilities; strong experience with UniData
or Universe or other PICK database; EDI translator experience
(PaperFree preferred). Advanced Technical Knowledge: Database
Knowledge, EDI (Required); UNIX, SQL, HTML (Helpful).
Responsibilities: Individual shall be responsible for marinating and
enhancing EDI systems and working with trading partners on the
implementation of specific healthcare EDI transactions. Additionally,
they will be developing data maps using the PaperFree EDI translator
to ANSI X12 standards. Maintaining and enhancing the existing claim
EDI systems; ability to interpret EDI implementation guidelines and
develop EDI maps; automate and monitor the EDI Process; resolve issues
as they come up; assist in the development of System/Process
Documentation.

Job: St. Louis

Post by Dave Patters » Thu, 21 Jun 2001 15:35:41

Quote:> Excellent opportunity for the right person . To 60K
> Responsibilities: Individual shall be responsible for marinating and
> enhancing EDI systems

Are candidates also required to have kitchen experience? (I can knock
out a fantastic omlette when the mood takes me.)

Dave Patterson

marinate [mrr nyt ] (past marinated, past participle
marinated, present participle marinating, 3rd person present
singular marinates)

soak in sauce before cooking:  to soak or stand, or leave food to soak
or stand, in a marinade before cooking

Job: St. Louis

Post by Ed » Thu, 21 Jun 2001 23:18:02

Sometimes with EDI, the only thing you can do is marinate the thing.

Ed

Post by Brenda Pri » Fri, 22 Jun 2001 06:32:17

> Sometimes with EDI, the only thing you can do is marinate the thing.

> Ed

> | > Excellent opportunity for the right person . To 60K
> | > Responsibilities: Individual shall be responsible for marinating and
> | > enhancing EDI systems
> |
> | Are candidates also required to have kitchen experience? (I can knock
> | out a fantastic omlette when the mood takes me.)
> |
> | Dave Patterson
> |
> | marinate [mrr nyt ] (past marinated, past participle
> | marinated, present participle marinating, 3rd person present
> | singular marinates)
> |
> | soak in sauce before cooking:  to soak or stand, or leave food to soak
> | or stand, in a marinade before cooking

Believe me you will NEED to be well marinated to retain your good
flavor while being cooked at this particular cooking facility!

Job: St. Louis

Post by Brenda Pri » Fri, 22 Jun 2001 06:55:14

Ok, now in all seriousness.  It is my understanding that the new
programmer manager at this company who has been there for about 4
months is a really good person to work with.  If you can put up with
the not very nice people above him go for it.  It would be a good
challenge and the benefits are good.  Just NEVER NEVER NEVER say I
actually recommended them!

Job: St. Louis

Post by Jim Stephen » Tue, 24 Jul 2001 08:12:27

Quote:>Ok, now in all seriousness.  It is my understanding that the new
>programmer manager at this company who has been there for about 4
>months is a really good person to work with.  If you can put up with
>the not very nice people above him go for it.  It would be a good
>challenge and the benefits are good.  Just NEVER NEVER NEVER say I
>actually recommended them!

and only make 60k which won't quite pay gas money there... oh, boy!

Job: St. Louis

Post by henry keultj » Tue, 24 Jul 2001 21:57:13

Does anyone on the list know which company this guy is hunting for?

Henry Keultjes
lastnameatearthlinkdotnet

[...]

Post by Richard A. Wilso » Tue, 24 Jul 2001 22:50:23

I would guess it is
Healthlink
Per computerworld ad 1/22/1996 they
were running Unidata on unix of somesort

--
Richard A. Wilson
Lakeside Systems

www.lakeside-systems.com

Job: St. Louis

Post by Brenda Pri » Fri, 27 Jul 2001 08:01:46

Quote:> I would guess it is
> Healthlink
> Per computerworld ad 1/22/1996 they
> were running Unidata on unix of somesort

You would be correct, UniData on AIX.  Currently they have about 20
Pick and Visual Basic programmers.  Actually, I believe they are
looking for 2 programmers, salary range from $50-60k.  I don't think
they've ever paid for relocation in the past but it would never hurt
to ask.  They been looking for several months now, so maybe they will
add that to the pot to sweeten a deal with someone.  Course, they
could be still looking because they can't find what they are wanting
at the price they are willing to pay.  St. Louis is a nice place to
live, lots of things to do.  Current major drawback about St. Louis is
all the road construction, be nice when it is done but until then
"Yuck!!!".

Job: St. Louis

Post by Jim Stephen » Fri, 27 Jul 2001 10:09:49

<snip>
  Current major drawback about St. Louis is

Quote:>all the road construction, be nice when it is done but until then
>"Yuck!!!".

sounds like another thing to add are cheep employers as well, if
50-60k is for experienced help.

Job: St. Louis

Post by John M. Ho » Sat, 28 Jul 2001 01:06:21

This position has been filled.  I'm not sure if this is an old post or
a head-hunter acting off old information.

  - John

Job: St. Louis

Post by sysp.. » Sun, 05 Aug 2001 18:59:34

When comparing salaries, also compare cost-of-living.

Annual salary of $60,000 in St. Louis, Mo.,
is probably equivalent to $75,000 in San Diego,
and $100,000 in San Francisco.

Moving from California to Missouri, one could take
a salary cut and yet effectively be getting a raise.
... but of course one would lose the intangible
benefits of being a Californian.

> <snip>
>   Current major drawback about St. Louis is
> >all the road construction, be nice when it is done but until then
> >"Yuck!!!".

> sounds like another thing to add are cheep employers as well, if
> 50-60k is for experienced help.

Job: St. Louis

Post by kevin zollinge » Mon, 06 Aug 2001 03:42:34

Quote:> When comparing salaries, also compare cost-of-living.

> Annual salary of $60,000 in St. Louis, Mo.,
> is probably equivalent to $75,000 in San Diego,
> and $100,000 in San Francisco.

> Moving from California to Missouri, one could take
> a salary cut and yet effectively be getting a raise.
> ... but of course one would lose the intangible
> benefits of being a Californian.

Ummm, rolling blackouts? Smog? High crime? $2000 a month rent for a 1
bedroom thrid floor walkup?

In fairness, California has some positive aspects, it's just not as fun to
talk about them....

1. Unidata P/A Job Offered - St. Louis

BT Office Products, Int'l is currently seeking a programmer/analyst
for our St. Louis division.  A minimum of two years of Pick
programming experience is required, and a BS in Computer Science or
Computer Information Systems is preferred.  We will be looking for
strong analytical and problem solving skills, quality programming
experience and good interpersonal skills.  Experience in warehousing
applications is a plus.  Position is immediately available to the
right candidate.

If you are interested in this opportunity, please e-mail and/or mail
your resume.

Michael Coley
BT Office Products, Int'l
1834 Walton Road
St. Louis, MO  63114

2. sqlserver 2000 and analysis manager

3. JOB - PICK Programmers needed for St Louis

4. Databases In Delphi

5. St. Louis, MO Users' Group

6. rebuild master failed with error -1

7. Sr. Systems Programmer,St. Louis,MO

8. Oracle <-> Mysql interoperability

9. Web Security Analyst,St. Louis,MO

10. US-Downtown St. Louis-Oracle Financials-Accounts Recievable

11. US-MO-DBA WITH SAP NEEDED IN ST. LOUIS

12. Oracle DBA needed in St. Louis - Great Opportunity!

13. Oracle DBA needed in St. Louis, MO