deleted iiacp.log iircp.log by mistake

Post by Pinn, Hans - D04.7 » Thu, 10 Apr 2003 19:32:00

Hi,
I have deleted the log-files iiacp.log and iircp.log by mistake.
acp and rcp seem to run quite well. After recreating
the log-file the logging is not reactivated. Is there a possibility
to reactivate message-generation without restarting Ingres?

Hans

deleted iiacp.log iircp.log by mistake

Post by Keane, Jam » Thu, 10 Apr 2003 23:08:05

Hi Hans,

The answer is no.

The old files are still being written to (even though not visible) and will
not really be released until the (Ingres) processes accessing them have
terminated.

Stopping and restarting dmfacp will cause the new iiacp.log to be written to.
I would not stop dmfrcp.

hth
James Keane
Irish Revenue

This e-mail has been received by the Revenue Internet e-mail service.
*************************************

Hi,
I have deleted the log-files iiacp.log and iircp.log by mistake.
acp and rcp seem to run quite well. After recreating
the log-file the logging is not reactivated. Is there a possibility
to reactivate message-generation without restarting Ingres?

Hans

*****************************
This message has been delivered to the internet by the Revenue internet mail service.
*****************************

1. How to delete certain reocrds from a table whitout logging any records in Trans Log file

Dear all,

How can I Removes all rows from a table which match certain condition
without logging the any records in Transaction Log file.

I know truncate table which will reomve all rows. I need to remove only
rows which match certain condion.

Appreciate any of your tips and ideas.

Regards,

Ahmed

2. Why SQLConfigDataSource API is not working for me?

3. Two LOG File - how can I delete the 2nd log file

4. Database Program Manager/West Coast / Consulting /Recruiter

5. Mass Delete - Log Entries Kills Available Log Space

6. Unable to allocate memory / increase the process heap?

7. How to delete Transaction Log or Logs (*.ldf)

8. Disconnect when idle

9. Truncate log sends error to event log

10. SQL 7 transaction log logging directly to tape

11. Negative Log device size and problem in restoring DB by applying Log

12. How to log into the Error log the name of the Field Column

13. Message Logging into Package log file