VFP 3: Create SQL VIEW?

Post by KMR » Wed, 27 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I've added a local view to my project by typing the statement needed
into the command window.  It is a fairly complicated query that I
couldn't get the designer to do for me.  Is there a way that I can now
edit that code or at least see what it is?  Modify View gives me an
error saying 'feature not available'.

Kelly

VFP 3: Create SQL VIEW?

Post by Jim Wei » Wed, 27 Nov 1996 04:00:00

> I've added a local view to my project by typing the statement needed
> into the command window.  It is a fairly complicated query that I
> couldn't get the designer to do for me.  Is there a way that I can now
> edit that code or at least see what it is?  Modify View gives me an
> error saying 'feature not available'.

Try writing the query in a program file. When you need to run the query,
just reference the file, and it is always there ready to be edited.

Jim Weil