Too many files open -- FoxFire 3.0

Post by Brian Mantl » Wed, 02 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I am having trouble configuring FoxFire 3.0 on my machine at work.
Everytime I start Foxfire from FoxPro, or from a windows icon I receive a
"Too many files open" error." I have read the manual(s) and changed my
FILES= statement in config.sys as well as mt FILE HANDLES= in net.cfg

I am running Windows for Workgroups 3.11 on a Novel NetWare v3.11.
FILES=99 in config.sys and
FILE HANDLES=99 in net.cfg

Does anybody have any suggestions for me?

Brian Mantler

Post by viet nguye » Sun, 06 Oct 1996 04:00:00

> I am having trouble configuring FoxFire 3.0 on my machine at work.
> Everytime I start Foxfire from FoxPro, or from a windows icon I receive a
> "Too many files open" error." I have read the manual(s) and changed my
> FILES= statement in config.sys as well as mt FILE HANDLES= in net.cfg

> I am running Windows for Workgroups 3.11 on a Novel NetWare v3.11.
> FILES=99 in config.sys and
> FILE HANDLES=99 in net.cfg

> Does anybody have any suggestions for me?

> Brian Mantler

Hi there,

   Why don't you try USING A LARGER NUMBER IN FILEX=XX

CHEERS

Post by Alexandre Pechtchans » Tue, 08 Oct 1996 04:00:00

>I am having trouble configuring FoxFire 3.0 on my machine at work.
>Everytime I start Foxfire from FoxPro, or from a windows icon I receive a
>"Too many files open" error." I have read the manual(s) and changed my
>FILES= statement in config.sys as well as mt FILE HANDLES= in net.cfg
>I am running Windows for Workgroups 3.11 on a Novel NetWare v3.11.
>FILES=99 in config.sys and
>FILE HANDLES=99 in net.cfg
>Does anybody have any suggestions for me?

Check SHARE settings.  Someone posted a good combination of /F: and /L: values
some time ago - check with DejaNews.

1. trying to open a 5.0 file in 3.0

I have FilemakerPro 5.0.  My friend, who I'm trying to share a file with,
has 4.0.  I'm trying to figure out how to save the file as an .fp3 or .fp4
so she can open it.    Is there an easy way to do that?  When I "save as", I
only get two options:  all files or filemakerpro.   Any suggestions would be
very much appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Progress 6.2 --> SQL, Access ???? Help please!

3. Too many files open : VFP 3.0

4. Storing & Retrieving Image Data

5. wildcards in open road 3.0 and open ingres 1.2

6. insert values in table

7. VB 3.0 and FoxPro 3.0 files

8. R: Limit rowcount

9. File Open Error when I open too many time the same form

10. CDaoDatabase::Open() will not open mdb file

11. error 3050 - couldn't open file / vb 4.0 trying to open access database

12. Open URL to Open Hosted File On FM Server