Help : Express Admin connect Express server

Help : Express Admin connect Express server

Post by Rejean Bla » Thu, 20 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Help with EXPRESS ADMINISTRATOR (or ANALYZER) trying to connect to Express
Server

Here's my environment:

       |-------------------------|----------------|
       | Product                 | Version        |
       |-------------------------|----------------|
       | Windows 95              |                |
       | Express server          | 5.0.1 HP UNIX  |
       | Express Administrator   | 2.0.1.         |
       |-------------------------|----------------|

What is the tricks?

Admin works well with personnal express!
Express server works well when telnet and using in char. mode.

But Expr. Admin and Expr. Server don't want to talk to each other.

I obtain the message
        'Unable to connect to Express Server'
        or
        'Snapi was unable to start the server'

XADMIN.INI file is ok but I don't know what to type for
the UUID string in the ServerString1.

The doc said that I have to ask to the Unix manager.
My manager asked:  'The UID?' and I said 'No, the UUID'.
He realy don't know what it is.
Some mail from Oracle Olap Sup. said that it is not required.

Do I miss something?
Is it in the client or the server side?
What Xwsn*.dll drivers are for?  Are they required for my
configuration?  Wich directory?

Help please!

-----

Champagne, Parent & Associes Inc.        Montreal, Quebec Canada
http://www.cpa.qc.ca                     Telephone: (418) 564-0589

Help : Express Admin connect Express server

Post by June Wilso » Thu, 20 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Rejean,

Firstly read through the Appendix of the Express API Guide and as there are
a number of steps involved in establishing a successful connection I would
recommend you contact the OLAP Support team in the US.

Here is a brief summary of those steps:

1)  When Express Server was installed did you select to "bind to XAPI?"
This binding is essential.

2)  The DCE Daemon RPCD must be started.

3)  Generate the Universal Unique Identifier (UUID) this can be done by
issuing uuidgen on the Unix host.

4)  Create the configuration file mdbrpcd.conf

5)  Start the mdbrpcd daemon

6)  Check in the mdbrpcd.log file that the last entry says 'listening'

7) Before trying to connect via Administrator - Test the connection using
the Express Connection Utility, once this works,
    try to connect via Administrator.

June Wilson
Oracle Worldwide Support - UK

> Help with EXPRESS ADMINISTRATOR (or ANALYZER) trying to connect to
Express
> Server

> Here's my environment:

>        |-------------------------|----------------|
>        | Product                 | Version        |
>        |-------------------------|----------------|
>        | Windows 95              |                |
>        | Express server          | 5.0.1 HP UNIX  |
>        | Express Administrator   | 2.0.1.         |
>        |-------------------------|----------------|

> What is the tricks?

> Admin works well with personnal express!
> Express server works well when telnet and using in char. mode.

> But Expr. Admin and Expr. Server don't want to talk to each other.

> I obtain the message
>         'Unable to connect to Express Server'
>         or
>         'Snapi was unable to start the server'

> XADMIN.INI file is ok but I don't know what to type for
> the UUID string in the ServerString1.

> The doc said that I have to ask to the Unix manager.
> My manager asked:  'The UID?' and I said 'No, the UUID'.
> He realy don't know what it is.
> Some mail from Oracle Olap Sup. said that it is not required.

> Do I miss something?
> Is it in the client or the server side?
> What Xwsn*.dll drivers are for?  Are they required for my
> configuration?  Wich directory?

> Help please!

> -----

> Champagne, Parent & Associes Inc.        Montreal, Quebec Canada
> http://www.cpa.qc.ca                     Telephone: (418) 564-0589

1. Migrate from personal express 5.01 to express 6.0 server for windows NT

Hi all,
I have created an express database with version 5.01, and now I want to
upgrade to version 6.0. I perform the following operation:
- export all 5.01 database objects to eif file;
- Create a new  6.0 database and then import the file in advance exported;
- Reinstall all database objects with express Administrator 2.02.
But after starting a briefing created with analyzer 2.02 connected to
express 6.0, from a client with remote SNAPI, the system seems to load
something forever and freezes up.
Please Help me to fix this problem,
Thanks in Advance.
--

Delos S.p.A.
Via Lorenteggio, 257

2. Stored Procedures - Updateable

3. Migrate from oracle express 5.01 to express 6.0 server for windows NT

4. Convert from Sybase SQL Server to SQL Anywhere?

5. Oracle Express Project And Oracle Express Database Programmer

6. Jobs Available Nationwide

7. Oracle Express Project And Oracle Express Programmer

8. Extended stored procedure

9. Express Training (Web & Advanced Express SPL)

10. Info Requested on Express or pc Express

11. Comparation: Express over Nt vs Express over Unix

12. Express - two views on a Web page - NT4 - Express 6.1.0.1