D3/Linux Restore from D3/NT

Post by Serial # 1978101 » Wed, 13 Feb 2002 08:38:10

I am trying to restore an ACCOUNT-SAVE (A from a D3/NT 7.2 account to
a D3/Linux 7.2.1 system.

I have been unsuccessful in restoring the account.  I am saving the
account as a Pseudo file and transfering the account to the D3/Linux
system via a Samba file share.

I have been using the commands below to do the restore.

On D3/NT

LOGTO ACCTNAME
SET-DEVICE 5
T-REW
T-REW
ACCOUNT-SAVE (A

COPY FILE TO D3/LINUX SYSTEM VIA FTP OR SHARED SAMBA FOLDER

On D3/LINUX SYSTEM

LOGIN AS "DM"
SET-DEVICE 5;* the pseudo file
T-REW
T-REW
ACCOUNT-RESTORE ACCTNAME

It starts the restore, I eventually get a message to "Load next
volume, enter "C' to continue"

After the "C" is pressed I get a "account restored" message, but I am
unable to list the "MD" or execute TCL commands in the account.

Am I missing something in my restore process???

Thanks,
=Floyd

-----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers!  ==-----

D3/Linux Restore from D3/NT

Post by Patrick Latime » Wed, 13 Feb 2002 10:05:49

Edit the BP ACCOUNT-SAVE and add the
two lines
EXECUTE "T-WEOF"
EXECUTE "T-WEOF"
at the end of the program.
Then recompile.
Deja Vu, (I Think), <;=) Patrick

> I am trying to restore an ACCOUNT-SAVE (A from a D3/NT 7.2 account to
> a D3/Linux 7.2.1 system.

> I have been unsuccessful in restoring the account.  I am saving the
> account as a Pseudo file and transfering the account to the D3/Linux
> system via a Samba file share.

> I have been using the commands below to do the restore.

> On D3/NT

> LOGTO ACCTNAME
> SET-DEVICE 5
> T-REW
> T-REW
> ACCOUNT-SAVE (A

> COPY FILE TO D3/LINUX SYSTEM VIA FTP OR SHARED SAMBA FOLDER

> On D3/LINUX SYSTEM

> LOGIN AS "DM"
> SET-DEVICE 5;* the pseudo file
> T-REW
> T-REW
> ACCOUNT-RESTORE ACCTNAME

> It starts the restore, I eventually get a message to "Load next
> volume, enter "C' to continue"

> After the "C" is pressed I get a "account restored" message, but I am
> unable to list the "MD" or execute TCL commands in the account.

> Am I missing something in my restore process???

> Thanks,
> =Floyd

>  Check out our new Unlimited Server. No Download or Time Limits!
> -----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers!  ==-----

D3/Linux Restore from D3/NT

Post by Frank Winan » Wed, 13 Feb 2002 10:55:43

No, I'd suggest you do the pair of T-WEOF's manually,
after you've dumped all the accounts to the pseudo that you plan to do.
If you do them between account-saves, I'm not sure you can get to the
2nd and subsequent account at the nt box...

A more vital omission is moving between platforms / release numbers
without doing an   UPDATE-MD  myaccount
from DM at the other side!   This will put the proper verb definitions and
system file qpointers in the restored master dictionary { I think it
even makes the little qpointer called MD that lets you do things like
COUNT  myaccount,md,
instead of having to do     COUNT   myaccount,,
to access the top-level dictionary {the "MD"} of myaccount from DM
or some other account.
Once UPDATE-MD finishes, it prompts you for the next account to fix up;
just hit the enter key to exit back to TCL prompt.
Frank

> Edit the BP ACCOUNT-SAVE and add the
> two lines
> EXECUTE "T-WEOF"
> EXECUTE "T-WEOF"
> at the end of the program.
> Then recompile.
> Deja Vu, (I Think), <;=) Patrick

> > I am trying to restore an ACCOUNT-SAVE (A from a D3/NT 7.2 account to
> > a D3/Linux 7.2.1 system.

> > I have been unsuccessful in restoring the account.  I am saving the
> > account as a Pseudo file and transfering the account to the D3/Linux
> > system via a Samba file share.

> > I have been using the commands below to do the restore.

> > On D3/NT

> > LOGTO ACCTNAME
> > SET-DEVICE 5
> > T-REW
> > T-REW
> > ACCOUNT-SAVE (A

> > COPY FILE TO D3/LINUX SYSTEM VIA FTP OR SHARED SAMBA FOLDER

> > On D3/LINUX SYSTEM

> > LOGIN AS "DM"
> > SET-DEVICE 5;* the pseudo file
> > T-REW
> > T-REW
> > ACCOUNT-RESTORE ACCTNAME

> > It starts the restore, I eventually get a message to "Load next
> > volume, enter "C' to continue"

> > After the "C" is pressed I get a "account restored" message, but I am
> > unable to list the "MD" or execute TCL commands in the account.

> > Am I missing something in my restore process???

> > Thanks,
> > =Floyd

> >  Check out our new Unlimited Server. No Download or Time Limits!
> > -----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers!  ==-----

D3/Linux Restore from D3/NT

Post by Patrick Latime » Wed, 13 Feb 2002 11:23:23

You're absolutely right about the UPDATE-MD.
I would however still embed the W-EOF's in the
program. Less work. Less to remember. If you are
saving multiple accounts, use FILE-SAVE.

<;=), Patrick

P.S. Good catch Frank.

> No, I'd suggest you do the pair of T-WEOF's manually,
> after you've dumped all the accounts to the pseudo that you plan to do.
> If you do them between account-saves, I'm not sure you can get to the
> 2nd and subsequent account at the nt box...

> A more vital omission is moving between platforms / release numbers
> without doing an   UPDATE-MD  myaccount
> from DM at the other side!   This will put the proper verb definitions and
> system file qpointers in the restored master dictionary { I think it
> even makes the little qpointer called MD that lets you do things like
> COUNT  myaccount,md,
> instead of having to do     COUNT   myaccount,,
> to access the top-level dictionary {the "MD"} of myaccount from DM
> or some other account.
> Once UPDATE-MD finishes, it prompts you for the next account to fix up;
> just hit the enter key to exit back to TCL prompt.
> Frank

> > Edit the BP ACCOUNT-SAVE and add the
> > two lines
> > EXECUTE "T-WEOF"
> > EXECUTE "T-WEOF"
> > at the end of the program.
> > Then recompile.
> > Deja Vu, (I Think), <;=) Patrick

> > > I am trying to restore an ACCOUNT-SAVE (A from a D3/NT 7.2 account to
> > > a D3/Linux 7.2.1 system.

> > > I have been unsuccessful in restoring the account.  I am saving the
> > > account as a Pseudo file and transfering the account to the D3/Linux
> > > system via a Samba file share.

> > > I have been using the commands below to do the restore.

> > > On D3/NT

> > > LOGTO ACCTNAME
> > > SET-DEVICE 5
> > > T-REW
> > > T-REW
> > > ACCOUNT-SAVE (A

> > > COPY FILE TO D3/LINUX SYSTEM VIA FTP OR SHARED SAMBA FOLDER

> > > On D3/LINUX SYSTEM

> > > LOGIN AS "DM"
> > > SET-DEVICE 5;* the pseudo file
> > > T-REW
> > > T-REW
> > > ACCOUNT-RESTORE ACCTNAME

> > > It starts the restore, I eventually get a message to "Load next
> > > volume, enter "C' to continue"

> > > After the "C" is pressed I get a "account restored" message, but I am
> > > unable to list the "MD" or execute TCL commands in the account.

> > > Am I missing something in my restore process???

> > > Thanks,
> > > =Floyd

> > > http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
> > >  Check out our new Unlimited Server. No Download or Time Limits!
> > > -----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers!  ==-----

D3/Linux Restore from D3/NT

Post by Serial # 1978101 » Thu, 14 Feb 2002 02:44:08

Followup note:

I was doing an ACCOUNT-RESTORE and received the following message:

[Tape unit #5] Load volume #2 and type 'C'

What's up with this message?  Am I suppose to do a T-WEOF at the end
of the ACCOUNT-SAVE (A?

Quote:>I am trying to restore an ACCOUNT-SAVE (A from a D3/NT 7.2 account to
>a D3/Linux 7.2.1 system.

>I have been unsuccessful in restoring the account.  I am saving the
>account as a Pseudo file and transfering the account to the D3/Linux
>system via a Samba file share.

>I have been using the commands below to do the restore.

>On D3/NT

>LOGTO ACCTNAME
>SET-DEVICE 5
>T-REW
>T-REW
>ACCOUNT-SAVE (A

>COPY FILE TO D3/LINUX SYSTEM VIA FTP OR SHARED SAMBA FOLDER

>On D3/LINUX SYSTEM

>LOGIN AS "DM"
>SET-DEVICE 5;* the pseudo file
>T-REW
>T-REW
>ACCOUNT-RESTORE ACCTNAME

>It starts the restore, I eventually get a message to "Load next
>volume, enter "C' to continue"

>After the "C" is pressed I get a "account restored" message, but I am
>unable to list the "MD" or execute TCL commands in the account.

>Am I missing something in my restore process???

>Thanks,
>=Floyd

> Check out our new Unlimited Server. No Download or Time Limits!
>-----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers!  ==-----

-----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers!  ==-----

D3/Linux Restore from D3/NT

Post by Frank Winan » Fri, 15 Feb 2002 05:40:07

Yes!  Do TWO of them!  See previous replies.

Note that the full FILE-SAVE verb does a trailing T-DUMP of FOF,
so your last account is properly terminated even if you don't do a T-WEOF
after your FILE-SAVE.

"Serial # 19781010" wrote

Quote:> Am I suppose to do a T-WEOF at the end
> of the ACCOUNT-SAVE (A?

1. Dire&#1089;&#1077;rtly sending E-mail From D3 (D3/NT ior D3/Linux)

Welcome
I told several days ago about this soft, now I full isolete it  from
D3ZServer
I call It ZMail (It's shareware)
easy install, easy use

Short instruction here
http://d3zsoft.newmail.ru/D3ZServer/eng/ShareWareProgs.html#SendMail
download here
http://d3zsoft.newmail.ru/ZMail/
After install I recomment try execute
follow
SendMail -hsSMTP_server -t3 -fyours_email

P.S.
This utils is very usefull One execute and you get all pick file users
;-)
or somerhing else read instruction on web site
Good Luck

2. visual basic and oracle

3. D3 Nt to D3 Unix account-restore

4. multiuser application(please help)

5. D3 7.0 to D3 7.1 Incompatibility problem with c functions on D3/Linux

6. HOW TO: INTERPRETATION OF ORACLE FUNCTION INTO SQLSERVER

7. D3/AIX Account Restore from D3/NT

8. log size?

9. ACCOUNT-RESTORE from D3/NT to D3/AIX

10. Restore d3/NT fsi account on D3/SCO