Creating Reports with lots of text?

Post by Chris Luca » Tue, 29 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Greetings!

I'm a cherry VFP 3.0 for Macintosh user and need some help creating a
report.

The result that I am after is a 1-page report that consists of 4 to 5
paragraphs of text with about 8 character fields from a single table in
the middle.  My problem is getting the text into the report.  I've
attempted to use the label control to place the text in the report, but
I can only get a couple of lines typed in before it starts beeping me.
Is there no text box control for reports?  I have no doubt that there is
a very simple solution for this but it is not one I have been able to
find in the resources that came with the application.

Thanks for the help.

Chris

Creating Reports with lots of text?

Post by Helge Boeschenbroeke » Thu, 31 Oct 1996 04:00:00

hi chris,

i don't know if it will help you, but try to use a textbox (or editbox)... one
way is to create a memvar (string), store the needed text into this var and
print it using a text- or editbox. other way is to enter the text directly to
the textbox (using the report-designer). to do so you have to use " or '.

hope it helps,

helge

1. appn that can create text reports

i am designing my reporting interface, i would like to have a
mechanism which allows my users to create their own reports...ie
selecting fields and positioning them in a detail section, then save
this report format, for use later...ie like crystal reports, however
available at run-time...are there any vbx's around...or do i have to
create this thing myself....

any ideas would be greatly appreciated...as if i have to create this
interface myself...i see many, many hours of work.

thanks

Craig Hamilton

2. Server Explorer: Connection Preperties

3. SQL Server log shows lots and lots of ODS errors

4. Windows 95c

5. ROLAP for lots of users and lots of data

6. Does Oracle pro*cobol precompiler support IBMCOB ?

7. ROLAP: Lots of users and lots of data

8. 7.11.UC1 Onmonitor & TERMCAP

9. How do I enter lots of text?

10. Entering lots of text

11. Trying to store lots of text to MS SQL Server

12. Storing lots of text - the best way?

13. looking for a DOS program that will sort *lots* of text