ODBC "3146 ODBC call failed"

Post by mark_b_grif.. » Sat, 08 Jan 2000 04:00:00

help

I am sending information and selecting from my SQL7 database after 1 hr
of a two hour job I get the message .

3146 ODBC call failed

This job will complete 1 in 20 times ? and the time may vary as to how
long before crashing and the error message comes up

mark

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Dao Exception 3146- "ODBC Failed "

Hi,

In my program I sometimes connect to ODBC databases using DAO.

At times I try to do operations that will cause an exception, like try
to add a record that cause a duplicate primary key.

The problem is that all the information DAO gives me is "ODBC -
Failed" (when trapping DaoExceptions)

I noticed that when using ODBC I can get a real useful error message
(like: "Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'UPKCL_auidind': Attempt
to insert duplicate key in object 'authors'.")

Is there a way to get this error message when using DAO?

Thanks,

Eli

2. SQL script generate problem

3. ODBC - "ODBC Call Failed" - PLZ HELP

4. Urgent. Problem with my own sp

5. Actual ODBC error codes rather than 3146 -- ODBC Call failed

6. exist swing components for access to a database?

7. Error 3146: ODBC-call failed with ODBC-direct

8. Index Rebuild Hangs for Hours

9. "ODBC call failed"

10. Error"ODBC Call Failed": SQL Server 6.5

11. "ODBC call failed"

12. "ODBC Call Failed"

13. "ODBC--call failed" on connection