CODE FOR MICROSOFT's HYPERTEXT HELP instead of WinHelp?

Post by Bernie Schwart » Wed, 07 Oct 1998 04:00:00

CODE FOR MICROSOFT's HYPERTEXT HELP instead of WinHelp?

Microsoft has introduced their new HyperText Help
System that replaces the outdated WinHelp system.

As usual, Microsoft has neglected us FoxPro programmers
in providing adequate SAMPLE CODE to call their new
hypertext help system from Visual FoxPro!

I wrote the following code to make the necessary HtmlHelp API
calls from FoxPro to laumch a HELP WINDOW that does work, but
this code does not allow me to set the help window specifications.

Does anybody know the correct code to call the HELP WINDOW that
would allow you to set the help window specifications programmatically
INSTEAD of including the specifications in the ".chm" help file????

===============CODE TO LAUNCH HELP WINDOW==============

declare long ShellExecute in "shell32.dll" ;
        long hwnd, ;
        string lpszOp, ;
        string lpszFile, ;
        string lpszParams, ;
        string lpszDir, ;
        long nShowCmd

declare long GetDesktopWindow in "win32api"

declare long GetForegroundWindow in "win32api"

declare integer HtmlHelp in hhctrl.ocx ;
  long hwndCaller, ;
  string pszFile, ;
  long uCommand, ;
  long dwData

local hDCScreen

hDCScreen = GetForegroundWindow()
p_pszFile=(gcHomeDir)+"\prog\doc\emhelp.chm>hDCScreen"

mHelpW = HtmlHelp(hDCScreen, p_pszFile, 0, 0)

William SerGio, The infomercial King(tm)

1. NEED BADLY: 'hypertext'-like for free form:

I severely need a db that will import ASCII files and let you click around
and view perhaps a related GIF. At worst, I could paste all these text files
of bibliographies and abstracts into one huge file and just use a word processo
rs 'find' function but I'd like something a bit more elegant. I need this in th
e worst way, preferably shareware. I'm a poor college student and yes it's for
a class. :) Thanks in advance. -Robert

2. What language to learn

3. HELP!! Can't get WINHELP.EXE to jump to keyword with the Winhelp-function in VB

4. Detecting Input Focus on Tablefields.

5. Help: a piece of code instead the use of Cursor

6. Closest date to today

7. help using coded connec. instead of datacontrol

8. Truncate doesn′t exists in DB2??

9. Calling WinHelp's Search Macro

10. HELP!How to suppress 'Microsoft Foxpro'

11. Help - 'Mastering VFP' from Microsoft

12. IF- statements in a rule's 'DO INSTEAD SELECT ...'- statement

13. IF- statements in a rule's 'DO INSTEAD SELECT ...'-