Usage Pattern

Post by Sirirut Vanichayobo » Thu, 22 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

     As I know, there are 2 types of queries (predicted and ad-hoc
queries) in Data Warehouse environment. Ad-hoc queries are the majority.

     By looking at the history of query profile of each user at specific
time, is it possible for DBA to predict ad-hoc queries (or the quries
that are likely to be ad-hoc)?
     Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

-sirirut-

Usage Pattern

Post by Wuej » Fri, 23 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Are you sure about this?  Our experience is that at the start of a DW effort
all users demand ad hoc but after a quick analysis, only 20% or less need ad
hoc.  In fact in many cases the percentage is below 10%.  Most need standard
reports or paramertized reports.

i.e.  Financial standard report, requesting the time period and department.
wayne uejio

1. Usage Analysis / Usage Optimization Error

Hi, when I choose usage Analysis I get no answer from Analysis Manager on a
particular server, just like option had

no action related. At the same server, usage based optimization just can't
find any query.
I checked my querylog table (inside the mdb) and it's correctly filled with
my query, but Analysis Manager can't show me or use it to optimize my cubes.

TIA,

Roberto Santos.

2. What is the JScript way?

3. ADO Causes 100% Memory Usage/Increases in VM Usage

4. ***Password encryption on Table****

5. Index Space Usage more than Data Space Usage

6. IIS log and/or SQL Server?

7. How to select and return a pattern that's between to other patterns ?

8. Result from Query Analyzer

9. linking tables with patterns

10. Pattern matching problem??

11. replacing patterns