Converting Rapidfile without rapidfile software

Converting Rapidfile without rapidfile software

Post by Jacqueli » Wed, 03 Oct 2001 01:55:56

hello,
I have several rapidfile files that I need to convert to something I
can work with like dbase, Access or SAS.

I don't have the rapidfile software.  I also currently don't have
dbase but am searching to see if anyone in the company has it
installed on their computer.

I tried to use foxpro but it seams that I would need to know the names
of the fields in the file first, setup a foxpro table then "append
from" using the rpd type.

When I tried to guess the field names and sizes, I found that the data
wasn't being imported correctly.

In dbase, would I need to know the field names and sizes first?

Does anyone have any ideas that I can try?  I really need to access
the data.

Thanks

Post by Ed Gu » Wed, 03 Oct 2001 02:21:35

> hello,
> I have several rapidfile files that I need to convert to something I
> can work with like dbase, Access or SAS.

> I don't have the rapidfile software.  I also currently don't have
> dbase but am searching to see if anyone in the company has it
> installed on their computer.

> I tried to use foxpro but it seams that I would need to know the names
> of the fields in the file first, setup a foxpro table then "append
> from" using the rpd type.

> When I tried to guess the field names and sizes, I found that the data
> wasn't being imported correctly.

> In dbase, would I need to know the field names and sizes first?

> Does anyone have any ideas that I can try?  I really need to access
> the data.

You could try a generic parser.  ParseRat (http://www.parserat.com/) in its "binary"
mode would probably do it for you, provided the data has some consistent structure.

--
Ed Guy P.Eng,CDP,MIEE
Information Technology Consultant

http://www.guysoftware.com
"Check out HELLLP!, WinHelp author tool for WinWord 2.0 through 2000,
 PlanBee Project Management Planning and Scheduling
 and ParseRat, the File Parser, Converter and Reorganizer"

1. Replacement of rapidfile

Hi all,

I'm developping an application oriented on Database with D2 for a small
company. The Director want to control my program using RapidFile (old dos
app.). The problem is that my Dababases are Paradox 5.
My question:
Is there a new version of rapidfile for windows, or if not, a small app.
abble to read paradox database, and (specially) construct visual request
(MSQuery doesn't work very good)
thank's for any reply

Sam

Samuel Stammbach

Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Lausanne (EPFL)
Computer Science Department

2. pgsql/config java.m4

3. Import of RapidFile tables

4. URGENT: Can't Apply Snapshot with data in Publisher

5. Rapidfile for windows

6. Execution of a dynamic built select

7. RapidFile

8. - Oracle Applications Consultants/Sr.

9. RapidFile V1.2 by Ashton Tate

10. rapidfile problem

11. RapidFile

12. rapidfile