HELP: ER diagrammer!!!

Post by federico fontan » Wed, 17 Jul 1996 04:00:00

For an exam about databases, I have to create a (extended) ER model.
I need a good editor, even if in the worst case I could use CorelDraw or EdgeFlow.
I tried with IBMS, but the kind of notation is not what I want.
I refer to the notation that appears for instance in Elmasri-Navathe's book
(with little circles for the attributes, biforcations for generalizations,
double line for weak entity types, etc.).
If anyone can help me, I'll thank him/her very much! :)

Federico

HELP: ER diagrammer!!!

Post by Dave Gleaso » Thu, 18 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Quote:federico fontana writes:
> For an exam about databases, I have to create a (extended) ER model.
> I need a good editor, even if in the worst case I could use CorelDraw or
EdgeFlow.
> I tried with IBMS, but the kind of notation is not what I want.
> I refer to the notation that appears for instance in Elmasri-Navathe's
book
> (with little circles for the attributes, biforcations for
generalizations,
> double line for weak entity types, etc.).
> If anyone can help me, I'll thank him/her very much! :)

> Federico

For those times when I want to create a quick and dirty ER diagram without
using a real CASE tool, I use Visio (version 4.x).  It includes several
templates that have shapes useful for ER diagrams, DFD's, etc.

HELP: ER diagrammer!!!

Post by Kevin Baue » Sun, 21 Jul 1996 04:00:00

I use ERWin from Logic Works, and _love_ it.  It is much more than a
drawing package.  Let me know if you want more details.  I think they
have a web site at logicworks.com.

Kevin Bauer

HELP: ER diagrammer!!!

Post by Alexander Mazano » Tue, 23 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Quote:Federico Fontana writes:
> For an exam about databases, I have to create a (extended) ER model.
> I need a good editor, even if in the worst case I could use CorelDraw or
EdgeFlow.
> I tried with IBMS, but the kind of notation is not what I want.
> I refer to the notation that appears for instance in Elmasri-Navathe's
> book
> (with little circles for the attributes, biforcations for
> generalizations,
> double line for weak entity types, etc.).
> If anyone can help me, I'll thank him/her very much! :)

> Federico

Dear Federico,

try use CorelFlow 2.0. It also include many templates and usefull shapes
for various types of ER diagrams.

HELP: ER diagrammer!!!

Post by George Delis » Thu, 25 Jul 1996 04:00:00

> Federico Fontana writes:

> > For an exam about databases, I have to create a (extended) ER model.
> > I need a good editor, even if in the worst case I could use CorelDraw or
> EdgeFlow.
> > I tried with IBMS, but the kind of notation is not what I want.
> > I refer to the notation that appears for instance in Elmasri-Navathe's
> > book
> > (with little circles for the attributes, biforcations for
> > generalizations,
> > double line for weak entity types, etc.).
> > If anyone can help me, I'll thank him/her very much! :)

> > Federico

> Dear Federico,

> try use CorelFlow 2.0. It also include many templates and usefull shapes
> for various types of ER diagrams.try VISIO (great product)

1. PD ER diagrammer?

Anyone know of a public domain ER tool that can
diagram a database.

I know that ERwin can do this, but that cost $$.

Thanks,

Frank
+=========================================+
| Crossroads Technologies Inc.            |
| Enterprise Java Engineering             |
|   Web: www.CrossroadsTech dot com       |

+=========================================+

2. DbGrid questions

3. ER diagrammer

4. 14651-MA-Northern-AIX-Solaris-HP-UX-VMS-Windows NT-Ingres-ORACLE-Informix-SYBASE

5. database diagrammer not displaying diagrammer

6. Using Visual Basic to implement European characters in Windows applications

7. Enterprise Manager/Database Diagrammer

8. problem with grouping

9. Database Diagrammer?

10. Designer 2000 - Module Data Diagrammer

11. Problem with Application Design Transformer in Function Hierarchy Diagrammer in Oracle Designer 6

12. Entity Relationship Diagrammer