System Builder & Report Writer Help needed

System Builder & Report Writer Help needed

Post by rave.. » Wed, 15 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I have a report created in System Builders Report Writer.
I want to add a process to the "Process Before Break" option.
The process has also been created and compiled yet the
report does not seem to call it.   The process does nothing
more than a CRT and a CALL to a basic subroutine.
Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong.  Perhaps I am not
compiling the report or processing properly.
The process itself can run from the system prompt with no problems.

Any/All help is greatly appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

System Builder & Report Writer Help needed

Post by David Strou » Wed, 15 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Does the report have a break ("B") section, and is there at least one field
in the "Break Fields" area under "F6-Params"? If there are, you might try
running the report without generated code (I've seen some problems in layout
& functionality with the code generated by RW.)

David Stroud
Magna Systems, Inc.

> I have a report created in System Builders Report Writer.
> I want to add a process to the "Process Before Break" option.
> The process has also been created and compiled yet the
> report does not seem to call it.   The process does nothing
> more than a CRT and a CALL to a basic subroutine.
> Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong.  Perhaps I am not
> compiling the report or processing properly.
> The process itself can run from the system prompt with no problems.

> Any/All help is greatly appreciated.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

1. R&R Report Writer help needed

Are there any R&R Report Writer users here on the net?
I need to conditionally total a field; i.e. count all invoices
that have been paid (dtepaid='     '). If that was all I wanted
to do, I could just use a query to filter, but Ill also need to
count all that have not been paid, so it seems a query/filter is
not viable.
Thanks in advance
Mark Aurit

2. HELP: Using Access DB from VB through ODBC

3. Need info on CA/RET or R&R Report Writer for Windows

4. sqlaw5: trigger vs ref.integrity

5. Needed:R&R Report Writer programmer!

6. JSP -> generic getProperty

7. ad-hoc query builder/report writer