NEEDED: FoxPro vs Access Evaluation

Post by Larry Fie » Fri, 22 Apr 1994 19:18:51

We're currently in the process of trying to choose between Windows databases
for a new payroll/personnel/budget system.  The main system will be housed on
a mainframe but we will maintain subsets of the data on a file server that
will be accessible to the users for various queries.

What we'd like to know is if anyone has done an extensive evaluation of these
two databases and chosen one over the other.  Any advice and/or help you can
provide will be greatly appreciated.  If you can e-mail your evaluation that
would be even better.

Thanks for your help.

Larry Field
Sr Systems Analyst
Texas A&M University

1. foxpro and access....or foxpro vs access

hi

I have never seriously used access or foxpro!

I request some information about them

I understand (or misunderstand) that they both have an underling language...

i.e. access has access basic...

does foxpro have a similar language .... foxpro basic...???

if so is it in anyway similar to access basic!?!?!?!

thanks

Tony

2. Why abend ?

3. HELP Paradox vs Access vs Foxpro vs ????????????

4. Related calculated members causing aggregate problem

5. FoxPro vs Access: need advice

6. Oracle Financials Programmer/Analyst (Job #5074)

7. Visual Basic App using Foxpro DB vs Access DB vs SQL Server DB

8. Client can't access SQL 6.5

9. Delphi vs Visual Foxpro vs MS Access

10. Paradox Vs. Access vs FoxPro

11. visual basic vs visual foxpro vs access

12. Paradox Vs. Access vs FoxPro

13. Need info on evaluation of DBMS /evaluation criteria