Using GRAPH from fox for windows

Post by Several species of small furry animals. . » Fri, 10 Jun 1994 18:51:19

Hi folks,

What I want to do is create a slew of bar charts in fox 2.5 for windows and
print them out in sequence.

My question is, is there any way to perform my sql query and invoke
graph for the bar chart *without* having to manually tell graph how to create
my graphs?

What I'd like is a procedure for taking what I have from a temp database and
creating a graph object and printing it with titles and handy visuals with
nobody having to massage anything...

I know I'm probably not being very clear--mail me and I'll explain in greater
detail...

nate

Post by Enrique Gam » Sat, 11 Jun 1994 01:04:19

>Subject: Using GRAPH from fox for windows
>Date: 9 Jun 94 09:51:19 CST
>Hi folks,
>What I want to do is create a slew of bar charts in fox 2.5 for windows and
>print them out in sequence.
>My question is, is there any way to perform my sql query and invoke
>graph for the bar chart *without* having to manually tell graph how to create
>my graphs?

I haven't done this extensively, BUT...(here comes dubious advice)...
from what I understand, GENERAL fields hold all the information needed to
recreate a graph (of whatever type) that you once defined.  All you need to do
is refresh it with the latest data using FoxPro's functions made for that
purpose.

I'd point you to a recent article in FoxPro Advisor which dealt with graphing.

Enrique, good luck!

Using GRAPH from fox for windows

Post by Paul Russel » Thu, 23 Jun 1994 13:56:37

In message 9 Jun 94 09:51:19 CST,

Quote:> What I want to do is create a slew of bar charts in fox 2.5 for windows
> and print them out in sequence.

> My question is, is there any way to perform my sql query and invoke
> graph for the bar chart *without* having to manually tell graph how to
> create my graphs?

> What I'd like is a procedure for taking what I have from a temp database
> and creating a graph object and printing it with titles and handy visuals
> with nobody having to massage anything...

You have to use GENGRAPH to generate the results the first time from the
cursor, and after that, you can programmatically control GENGRAPH to updat
the results.  I can't rememeber the exact syntax, but there are a number of
articles in the MS KB about it.  Grab the index ftom ftp.microsoft.com in
/developer/<can't remember what>/fox/KB.  It is index.txt.  All of the files
that you will need are listed there.

/Paul
--
+--------------------------+----------------------------------------------+
| Paul Russell             | Phone:     (902) 481-3680                    |

| Dartmouth                | "Use technology because it's appropriate...  |
| Nova Scotia, Canada      |     not just because it's cool!"             |
| B3B 1W2                  |             - E. Davidson, Software Kinetics |
+--------------------------+----------------------------------------------+

1. Graphing in Fox 2.6 for Windows

I'm working on a project which, among other things, creates a horizontal
bar chart.

Looking for simple way to do this either with MSGraph (which appears to be
an interactive thing and not for repeating charts in the same format) or
with a third party tool.

Any suggestions? Appreciate it.

- BW

--

University Book Store                      319/335-3179
Univ. of Iowa                              http://www.book.uiowa.edu

2. Image migration Help

3. Better (controllable) graph generator for FOX Windows?

4. LOST PASSWORD

5. Printing Fox DOS report under Fox Windows

6. Fl DESIGNER2000 HOTTTTTTTTT

7. Fox Unix to Fox Windows

8. I am getting duplicate records, I mean everything is duplicate even Access record number

9. Previewing reports without using the fox pro main window

10. Fox graph

11. Fox -> MS Word <- MS Graph/Excel

12. Graph in Fox Pro

13. GRAPH in FOX PRO