fpw 2.6 - browse structure changed

Post by Wayn » Sat, 24 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Hi:
I have a pretty busy app which uses 2 browses in one main screen.  This
is for an ad campaign system, with the relationships...
         CAMPAIGN MASTER
        /1-to-m        \1-to-m
CAMPAIGN PIECES      CAMPAIGN MAIL LISTS
...hence the 2 browses.  Somehow, when users get in there and move
things around in the browses, they trigger my ON ERROR routine (see
below).  Is there any sort of a NOSAVE directive that will tell FP in
effect "I don't care if BROWSE STRUCTURE CHANGED" to keep it from
bombing?  In this case, RESOURCE is set to OFF.  I was never really
clear what this error meant, but I assumed it to mean they monkeyed
around with the position or size of the columns while browsing.

3                    ERRORLOG Fatal Error Dump                       3

               USER ID:  SMITH
      FATAL ERROR DATE:  10/21/1998
      FATAL ERROR TIME:  18:27:14
EXECUTING PROGRAM NAME:  PROCEDURE EDITPIECES C:\ORDENTRY\PROMOMNT.APP
   MASTER PROGRAM NAME:  MKTGLOAD
   PROGRAM LINE NUMBER:  801    && Line 801 is the VALID clause of the
offending BROWSE.
         ERROR MESSAGE:  BROWSE structure changed.
            ERROR CODE:  1164

--
tia
wayne

Arrgghh!  What be this "General Protection Fault?"
Avast, ye mateys, let's keel haul the BILLG rat, then make 'im walk the
plank!

fpw 2.6 - browse structure changed

Post by Shar Feldhei » Sat, 24 Oct 1998 04:00:00

When you say the 'get in there and move things around' I hope you don't
mean that they can change the Table Structure, rather just adjust the size
of the columns.

The latter should not be a problem.

More...is this a Parent - Child [Master to Pieces , Master to MailLists] in
separate browses?

What have you designed into the BROWSE , that is added clauses like
PREFERENCE, NOMODIFY, NOEDIT and stuff like that?

Send the BROWSE statement for review...

best...

--
Shar Feldheim
PC Software - Visual Foxpro Application Development

fpw 2.6 - browse structure changed

Post by Bill Brown » Tue, 27 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Do you have any field validating going on in your browse windows?  I've
seen this error when I mistakenly asked the valid routine on a column to
rebrowse.  Didn't like that at all.

--
Bill Browne                                     Excalibur
Personal Web Page:                              Computer Consulting

ReBoot returns April '99 on Cartoon Network!