ADO 2.0 vs ADO 2.1

Post by Troope » Tue, 14 Mar 2000 04:00:00

hi
I have been developing a multi user client server app for 3
months now, and I have been using ADO 2.0 to connect to SQL 7
thru OLE DB,
do I really need to upgrade it to ADO 2.1
I mean I have Had no problems so far, except for the common one
like not being able to do nested TRnsactions, and not being able
to report SQL Server errors with a Server Side curso, but I mean
I could work around that ,
besides , I tried to just switch my project references to ADO
2.1 but my project didn't work because my main() sub looks like
this:

Public Sub Main()

    ' varaible declaration

    Dim boolStart As Boolean ' Handels Connection Checking

    boolStart = DataOpen(goConn) <-GIVES AN ERROR

    If boolStart Then

       'CODE

    End If

End Sub

I don't know why it gives an Error even though Data Open is a
function that returns Boolean

please help

1. ADO Control against ADO 2.1 and ADO 2.0

I have met with the next problem. I open a project and add to form ADO
control (ADOdc). Then I want to use an event handler for it for event
MoveComplete. VB generats me the following:

Private Sub Adodc1_MoveComplete(ByVal adReason As ADODB.EventReasonEnum,
ByVal pError As ADODB.Error, adStatus As ADODB.EventStatusEnum, ByVal
pRecordset As ADODB.Recordset)
''''''
End Sub

Now if in References to the project I add ADO 2.0 Library then I can run
the project. But if instead of that I add ADO 2.1 Library then I get a
message:
Compile error: Procedure declaration does not match description of event or
procedure having the same name.
What does it mean:
  - I can't use ADO control with ADO 2.1 library?
 - It's bug of Microsoft?
- something else?
Thank you

2. HELP! ESQL program crashes

3. ADO 2.0 vs 2.1

4. Onbar/Omni

5. Using ADO 2.1 / ADOX / ADO 2.0 with C++

6. Forms 3..0 & Menu 5.0 with Windows 3.11

7. SQL Net client config on UNIX box

8. Support regarding ADO 2.0, 2.1 and 2.5 with SQL 2000 SP1

9. ADO 2.0, 2.1, 2.5 support with SQL 2000 SP1

10. SQL7, ADO 2.0 or 2.1, and blank recordsets

11. ADO 2.0 and 2.1

12. ADO 2.0 to 2.1 library