Oracle Express & SNAPI

Post by ntk00 » Tue, 30 Jan 2001 16:33:56

Hi All,

Has anyone developed an application using SNAPI directly? This is a
little radical but I'd be interested in your experiences? I have worked
with Oracle Express for about a year and am interested in creating a

possible.

Thanks,
Nagita K.

Oracle Express & SNAPI

Post by Chris McClella » Wed, 31 Jan 2001 05:19:52

Hi,

I haven't, but you should find some example code on the PEX (Personal
Express) CD.  I think the samples are only C these days.  I've never used
them myself, instead I convince the client to go down the OEO path.  Don't
put too much time into learning SNAPI though - OLAPI is coming out soon, and
will replace SNAPI.

HIH ...

> Hi All,

> Has anyone developed an application using SNAPI directly? This is a
> little radical but I'd be interested in your experiences? I have worked
> with Oracle Express for about a year and am interested in creating a

> possible.

> Thanks,
> Nagita K.

Oracle Express & SNAPI

Post by ntk00 » Wed, 31 Jan 2001 18:36:20

Hi,

I saw this article on a web search of 'OLAPI':
http://www.rockportsoft.com/o9i_bi.html

What I want to do was to create a java interface to Express. But it
seems that Oracle is doing that anyway with 9i. However it seems that it
may not be available untill 2002 and even then the multidimensional
engine incorporated into the RDBMS may not be as powerfull as the
current Express. Thanks for the tip anyway.
Nagita K.

> Hi,

> I haven't, but you should find some example code on the PEX (Personal
> Express) CD.  I think the samples are only C these days.  I've never used
> them myself, instead I convince the client to go down the OEO path.  Don't
> put too much time into learning SNAPI though - OLAPI is coming out soon, and
> will replace SNAPI.

> HIH ...

> > Hi All,

> > Has anyone developed an application using SNAPI directly? This is a
> > little radical but I'd be interested in your experiences? I have worked
> > with Oracle Express for about a year and am interested in creating a

> > possible.

> > Thanks,
> > Nagita K.

Oracle Express & SNAPI

Post by Chris McClella » Wed, 31 Jan 2001 19:55:15

Hi,

"may not be as powerful" is wrong .... I know quite a few people at Oracle
that are very close to development of this.  Their directive is that
"everything will work the same, but run faster, than it currently does".  I
can't find in the page you reference that Oracle is also developing "OLAPI",
which will replace SNAPI.  SNAPI allows Express SPL to be used with 9i.

Basically, if you need to, go ahead and develop your SNAPI app, but realise
(like anything in OEO), it has a limited life (probably the next few years
at least), but when your business/client upgrades to 9i you will have to
re-write your app to use SNAPI.

HIH ...

> Hi,

> I saw this article on a web search of 'OLAPI':
> http://www.rockportsoft.com/o9i_bi.html

> What I want to do was to create a java interface to Express. But it
> seems that Oracle is doing that anyway with 9i. However it seems that it
> may not be available untill 2002 and even then the multidimensional
> engine incorporated into the RDBMS may not be as powerfull as the
> current Express. Thanks for the tip anyway.
> Nagita K.

> > Hi,

> > I haven't, but you should find some example code on the PEX (Personal
> > Express) CD.  I think the samples are only C these days.  I've never
used
> > them myself, instead I convince the client to go down the OEO path.
Don't
> > put too much time into learning SNAPI though - OLAPI is coming out soon,
and
> > will replace SNAPI.

> > HIH ...

> > > Hi All,

> > > Has anyone developed an application using SNAPI directly? This is a
> > > little radical but I'd be interested in your experiences? I have
worked
> > > with Oracle Express for about a year and am interested in creating a

> > > possible.

> > > Thanks,
> > > Nagita K.

Oracle Express & SNAPI

Post by Paul Clar » Sat, 03 Feb 2001 04:29:11

>Hi All,

>Has anyone developed an application using SNAPI directly?

Guilty.

>This is a
>little radical but I'd be interested in your experiences? I have worked
>with Oracle Express for about a year and am interested in creating a

>possible.

I shall do that.

Paul Clare
WMCS
Marlow, UK

1. Oracle Express Project And Oracle Express Database Programmer

I am looking for a vendor who can take up a project using Oracle Express
Database and Oralce OLAP Tools.  A system is already in place and the
project involves performance tuning of the system, WEB enabling of the
system, and some enhancements.  The Project Scope is quite big and the

if you are a vendor and you have a big team to do such projects in Oracle
Express Database.

I am also in the look out of a Programmer who has experience in Oracle
Express Database programming.  Interested parties, please send me an EMail

2. Err.Number 3112 - HELP!

3. Oracle Express Project And Oracle Express Programmer

4. Inconsistent Metadata on Linked Server Query

5. Express Training (Web & Advanced Express SPL)

6. VB4 database. Is Access required?

7. Oracle Remote Snapi

8. Oracle application V11 : installation

9. VB with Oracle SNAPI 6.2

10. Migrate from oracle express 5.01 to express 6.0 server for windows NT

11. HELP : OAS 4.0 & Oracle Express on NT