Modem Connector

Post by Wayne M. Hoffma » Sat, 26 May 2001 01:43:10

Anyone know how to make a modem connector that works with D3 on Aix. through
Digi Box.   That's RJ45-25 pin connector to modem. (Hayes).

Setting dcdon doesn't seem to work.  Must need to jump something.
The connector I'm using now has 1-7 and 20 2 and 3 are flipped.

--
Wayne M. Hoffman
www.webhomemakers.com

Modem Connector

Post by Wayne M. Hoffma » Sat, 26 May 2001 01:52:53

Anyone know the configuration for a modem connector.
RJ45 - 25 pin - 9 wire.   Digi board to connector.

--
Wayne M. Hoffman
www.webhomemakers.com

Modem Connector

Post by bobJ » Sat, 26 May 2001 02:08:57

You probably need to have 2 and 3 straight through rather than flipped.
BobJ

Quote:> Anyone know the configuration for a modem connector.
> RJ45 - 25 pin - 9 wire.   Digi board to connector.

> --
> Wayne M. Hoffman
> www.webhomemakers.com
> the affordable web host

Modem Connector

Post by Rob Pop » Sat, 26 May 2001 03:12:44

Use straight through wiring.

Rob

Quote:>Anyone know how to make a modem connector that works with D3 on Aix. through
>Digi Box.   That's RJ45-25 pin connector to modem. (Hayes).

>Setting dcdon doesn't seem to work.  Must need to jump something.
>The connector I'm using now has 1-7 and 20 2 and 3 are flipped.

>--
>Wayne M. Hoffman
>www.webhomemakers.com
>the affordable web host

Modem Connector

Post by Mark Bulle » Sat, 26 May 2001 04:19:45

From digiboard xem ports 16 em manual:

rj45 - 10 pin           db25 male
signal  pin             pin     signal
ri      1               22      ri
dsr     2               6       dsr
rts     3               4       rts
gnd     4               1       gnd
txd     5               2       txd
rxd     6               3       rxd
sg      7               7       sg
cts     8               5       cts
dtr     9               20      dtr
dcd     10              8       dcd

> Anyone know the configuration for a modem connector.
> RJ45 - 25 pin - 9 wire.   Digi board to connector.

> --
> Wayne M. Hoffman
> www.webhomemakers.com
> the affordable web host

Modem Connector

Post by K. Powic » Sat, 26 May 2001 03:16:29

It's been a long time since I built connectors, but I believe all you need
is:

RS232 - DB 25
TX 2, and RX 3  straight through.
SG 7 jumpered to DTR 20

RS232 DB 9
RX 2 and TX 3 straight through
SG 5 jumpered to DTR 4
--
K. Powick
kpowick[at]on[dot]aibn[dot]com

Quote:> Anyone know how to make a modem connector that works with D3 on Aix.
through
> Digi Box.   That's RJ45-25 pin connector to modem. (Hayes).

> Setting dcdon doesn't seem to work.  Must need to jump something.
> The connector I'm using now has 1-7 and 20 2 and 3 are flipped.

> --
> Wayne M. Hoffman
> www.webhomemakers.com
> the affordable web host

Modem Connector

Post by Jeffrey Kaufma » Sat, 26 May 2001 07:00:10

Pins 2 and 3 should be straight through.

On the DB25 female connector plugged into the RS232 side of the Digi cable
(DB25 male, jumper 4 and 5. This is a must for Digi xem's. In some cases you
also need to jumper 6, 8 and 20. Usually not.

Dcd should be off for all serial ports. Only telnet ports should have
dcd-on.

Quote:> Anyone know how to make a modem connector that works with D3 on Aix.
through
> Digi Box.   That's RJ45-25 pin connector to modem. (Hayes).

> Setting dcdon doesn't seem to work.  Must need to jump something.
> The connector I'm using now has 1-7 and 20 2 and 3 are flipped.

> --
> Wayne M. Hoffman
> www.webhomemakers.com
> the affordable web host

Modem Connector

Post by Kilo MicroAi » Sat, 26 May 2001 15:33:13

Straight from digi:

http://ftp.digi.com/support/manuals/combo/cables-xxxx.html

Quote:> Anyone know the configuration for a modem connector.
> RJ45 - 25 pin - 9 wire.   Digi board to connector.

> --
> Wayne M. Hoffman
> www.webhomemakers.com
> the affordable web host

1. Microsoft SQL Server Internet Connector 7.0 and Site Server Connector

My company wants to setup an eCommerce website. We are thinking about using
Microsoft SQL and Site Server 3 as our backend. We currently have SQL server
and Site Server 3 software. Each comes with 5 workstation license. My
question is: Do we also need to have Microsoft SQL Server Internet Connector
7.0 and Site Server Connector ? What is Microsoft SQL Server Internet
Connector and why do we need it in addition to Microsoft SQL server ? Can
you setup or Internet Ecommerce Site without SQL Internet Connector and Site
Server Internet Connect ? We need to make our decision to purchase software
on Monday afternoon. Would you please respond before Monday if you know the

Best regards,
Van

2. ADOX and Access Linked Tables

3. Connector/J or maybe Connector/ODBC

4. Problem populating DBGrid

5. Share modem, ISDN and cable modem 11071

6. Enterprise Manager x MSDE Again.....

7. Share modem, ISDN and cable modem 11058

8. Opendatasource does not work

9. Share modem, ISDN and cable modem 11059

10. Share modem, ISDN and cable modem 11835

11. Share modem, ISDN and cable modem 11069

12. Share modem, ISDN and cable modem 11068

13. Share modem, ISDN and cable modem 12260