Pick/Basic with Universe back-end in an UNIX environment

Pick/Basic with Universe back-end in an UNIX environment

Post by V » Sat, 08 Sep 2001 00:36:09

Hi all,
I'm a beginner in Pick/Basic, but with a good experience in Oracle,
Powerbuilder, PL/SQL & RDBMS concepts, UNIX. Need some information on
how Pick/Basic calls Universe procedures, sample projects in
Pick/Basic with Universe RDBMS. Also, give me some good links to learn
more about Pick/Basic & Universe RDBMS.

Thanks.

Pick/Basic with Universe back-end in an UNIX environment

message

Post by Angelo Colla » Sat, 08 Sep 2001 22:02:51

> Hi all,
> I'm a beginner in Pick/Basic, but with a good experience in Oracle,
> Powerbuilder, PL/SQL & RDBMS concepts, UNIX. Need some information on
> how Pick/Basic calls Universe procedures, sample projects in
> Pick/Basic with Universe RDBMS. Also, give me some good links to learn
> more about Pick/Basic & Universe RDBMS.

> Thanks.

Here a simple example, hope it helps..

CMD1="SH -c pwd"
EXECUTE CMD1

Post by Martin Schol » Sun, 09 Sep 2001 06:33:52

>Hi all,
>I'm a beginner in Pick/Basic, but with a good experience in Oracle,
>Powerbuilder, PL/SQL & RDBMS concepts, UNIX. Need some information on
>how Pick/Basic calls Universe procedures, sample projects in
>Pick/Basic with Universe RDBMS. Also, give me some good links to learn
>more about Pick/Basic & Universe RDBMS.

>Thanks.

The Universe documentation is not that bad. You can read the chapter about Basic.  They come as pdf files with the Universe distribution. Your Sysadmin should have it.

You can subscribe to the U2 (Universe-Unidata) user group. Check it out at www.oliver.com

I have a ton of programs, but you can probably leran a lot from looking at the code in your application. Edit some programs that run and try to figure out what the code means.  That's probably how most learned Pick/Basic.

There are some books available at www.jes.com

Good luck and if you are stuck, you can email me directly

Martin Scholl

1. using Progress as back end and Visual Basic app as front end

Hi,

our client wants us to use his progress database running on a unix
machine as back end.

Our frontend app is programmed in Visual Basic
We installed it with SQL server or ORACLE back ends so far but not yet
with a progress back end.

Does anyone have experience with the combination Visual Basic front
end and progress back end /what to take care of etc. ?
(data aquisition by ODBC)

Many thanks in advance

Cheers, Bernd.

2. Find First

3. Sr. Pick Programmer /Universe/Pick Basic - Seattle, WA

4. ADO do U know ! interesting

5. Visual Basic front-end tool with backend Informix Engine

6. Pick Mailing list required for uk

7. Pick/Universe Basic Programmer

8. Date calculation functions : Informix bug?

9. Pick Basic Editor recommendations for Universe

10. Pick Basic Editor recommendations for Universe for NT

11. PICK BASIC P-A (UNIVERSE TO UNIDATA) to $55,000, d.o.e.,