dos client for nt 4.0

Post by Micha Weis » Sat, 10 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hi every body !!

Dose pure nt dos (not win 3.11 or win 95 involved) client works with btrieve
for nt server i.e brequest that will be load in the dos client and
connect to the btrieve that is installed on a nt (4.0 ver) server.

Thank you in advance

Micha Weiss

Computer Unit
Dean of Faculty Of Social Sciences
Hebrew University  Mount Scopus
Jerusalem  91905
Israel

Phone :  972 - 2 - 5883384
Fax   :  972 - 2 - 5825748

dos client for nt 4.0

Post by Miroslav PRAG » Tue, 13 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Dose pure nt dos (not win 3.11 or win 95 involved) client works with
btrieve
>for nt server i.e brequest that will be load in the dos client and
>connect to the btrieve that is installed on a nt (4.0 ver) server.

Yes, but ....
As Btrieve requires SPX stack while MS offers IPX only, you have to use
novell's stack like:

lsl.com
netcarddriver.com
ipxodi.com
net start

msclient being configured for ipx/spx support driver - adds just ifshlp.sys
into config.sys and net.exe into autoexec

And...
It's S.L.O.W..... really verey, very slow
I can suggest you installing wfw3.11 and run your BTI app in dos window -
will be about 10-100x (!) faster.

Miroslav "Turtle" Pragl

1. OpenIngres 1.2 on NT 4.0 and DOS clients

Hi there,

Can anybody tell us is there any possibility to have scenario like this:

Server side: Windows NT 4.0 & OI 1.2
Client side: DOS

What is the last version of DOS Client tools for Ingres (last what we know
is 6.4/03)? Can we use them as client for OI 1.2 on NT (regarding network
protocols)?

Thanks in advance.

2. Coltypes, what are they?

3. PVSW on NT 4.0, Win WFW Client, TCP/IP and DOS Apps

4. IDENTITY Columns As Foreign Key

5. Paradox 4.0 (DOS) migration from Netware 3.12 to NT 4.0

6. Table structure to create cube

7. 22865-IN-Indianapolis-Windows NT-DOS-NT 4.0, V.B., C

8. Export Comma delimited files?

9. Running Informix 4.10 SE DOS on NT 4.0

10. TP Pgm hangs called from Pdox 4 DOS under Windows NT 4.0

11. Paradox DOS problems on Windows NT 4.0

12. Installing Paradox 4.0 DOS in Windows NT. Problems!

13. PDOX 4.5 DOS AND NT 4.0 Workstation