Connection til Access database broken after a while

Connection til Access database broken after a while

Post by Lars Buchhav » Tue, 16 Jan 2001 18:04:14

 Hi. I have written an intranet application in ASP connection to an Access
database. The application works fine and has been installed at several
locations. At one location, however, there is a problem.
 The ASP pages seem to loose their connection to the database after a while
(usually half a day). All pages return an "unspecified error" upon
connection to the database:

    cnStr = "DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("/db/wbdat.mdb") & ";Driver={Microsoft
Access Driver (*.mdb)};DriverId=25;FIL=MS Access;"    Set cn =
Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
      cn.Open cnStr ' The error occurs in this line

After the error occurs no one can access the database. To fix the problem
the server (Windows 200 server) has to be either restarted or the IIS Admin
Service must be stopped and started.

 It seems that the error doesn't have anything to do with the number of
users connected, since we have rapports of one single user working with the
application from his Mac and making the application loose its connection to
the database. It seems that there is something in the server that gets
"overflowed".

 If anyone has had similar problems or have a solution or some good advice,
it would be greatly appreciated!!!

-Lars

 PS. I know one should probably be using a SQL server, but this is not
possible in this case.

Connection til Access database broken after a while

Post by david » Wed, 17 Jan 2001 20:54:24

first, what version of mdac?  you need to have the latest jet version
(mdac 2.5) if you are going to run jet under IIS

Quote:> Hi. I have written an intranet application in ASP connection to an Access
> database. The application works fine and has been installed at several
> locations. At one location, however, there is a problem.
>  The ASP pages seem to loose their connection to the database after a
while
> (usually half a day). All pages return an "unspecified error" upon
> connection to the database:

>     cnStr = "DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("/db/wbdat.mdb") & ";Driver={Microsoft
> Access Driver (*.mdb)};DriverId=25;FIL=MS Access;"    Set cn =
> Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
>       cn.Open cnStr ' The error occurs in this line

> After the error occurs no one can access the database. To fix the problem
> the server (Windows 200 server) has to be either restarted or the IIS
Admin
> Service must be stopped and started.

>  It seems that the error doesn't have anything to do with the number of
> users connected, since we have rapports of one single user working with
the
> application from his Mac and making the application loose its connection
> the database. It seems that there is something in the server that gets
> "overflowed".

>  If anyone has had similar problems or have a solution or some good
advice,
> it would be greatly appreciated!!!

> -Lars

>  PS. I know one should probably be using a SQL server, but this is not
> possible in this case.

1. Linked server til Access database with MDW protection

Hi!
(If this message occurs twice it is because I have some
trouble with Outlook, sorry!)

I need some help on linked servers.
I'm trying to make a linked server to a Access database
that is protected with a MDW file on a SQL server 7.0.
I have succeded in making a DTS to the same database, but
every attempt to make a linked server fails

I'm using

Provider name     Microsoft Jet 4.0 OLE DB Provider
Product name     OLE DB Provider for Jet
Data source         \\myserver\...\mydatabase.mdb
Provider string     Jet OLEDB:System
database=\\myserver\...\myusers.mdw

when I try to access the linked server I get following
error message.

Could not initialize data source object of OLE DB
provider 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0'.
[OLE/DB provider returned message: Cannot start your
application. The workgroup information file is missing or
opened exclusively by another user.]

I'm sure the path to both .MDB and .MDW files are correct
and that no other users are accessing them at the same
time.

Any suggestions are welcome!
Thanks in advance!

Tine

2. ADO and Stored Procedures

3. Connection to SQL server breaks when connection to internet break

4. MSDE Part 2

5. Restore master database - connection broken

6. printing 1 report instead of all

7. Upgrading from SQL70 til SQL Server 2000

8. SQL Backup

9. TRIGGER HELP : How to LOOP 'til EOF

10. A problem with BDE and acces til MS SQL via ODBC

11. spooler til printer

12. A problem with BDE and acces til MS SQL via ODBC

13. Kjenner til problemet