ini-file utillity

Post by Fedor Bucke » Mon, 24 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Does anyone know if there is a utiliity which can read the progress
inifile at runtime? We'd like to use this in one of our applications.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Fedor

ini-file utillity

Post by P.C. de Jon » Tue, 25 Mar 1997 04:00:00

--

Peter C. de Jong,
Team Leader,

Quote:> Does anyone know if there is a utiliity which can read the progress
> inifile at runtime? We'd like to use this in one of our applications.

> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

> Fedor

Did you take a look at Progress V8? You can do that with plain 4GL, also
the registry read/update/create!

Peter

ini-file utillity

Post by Sridhar Krishna » Tue, 25 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Try GET-KEY-VALUE keyword.

       GET-KEY-VALUE
                section         "MYAPP"
                key             "OUTPUT_DIR"
                value           out-dir.

Sridhar

> Does anyone know if there is a utiliity which can read the progress
> inifile at runtime? We'd like to use this in one of our applications.

> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

> Fedor

ini-file utillity

Post by Dan Schweize » Wed, 26 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> Does anyone know if there is a utiliity which can read the progress
> inifile at runtime? We'd like to use this in one of our applications.

> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

> Fedor

Fedor,

Look up GET-KEY-VALUE in the Progress books.  I believe this is what you
are looking for.

->Dan S.