Calling ABF Frame/Procedure From 3GL

Post by gaberd.. » Sun, 16 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Does anyone know how to call an ABF procedure or frame directly from a 3GL
such as COBOL, C, or Pascal ?

George Aberdour

Calling ABF Frame/Procedure From 3GL

Post by Mike Schilli » Sat, 22 Apr 1995 04:00:00

:
:
: Does anyone know how to call an ABF procedure or frame directly from a 3GL
: such as COBOL, C, or Pascal ?
:
:
: George Aberdour
:
In OpenIngres, you can do this from a 3GL procedure; the program must be
an ABF application.  Before OpenIngres, the answer was no.

Mike

Post by Ken Fra » Mon, 24 Apr 1995 04:00:00

: Does anyone know how to call an ABF procedure or frame directly from a 3GL
: such as COBOL, C, or Pascal ?

: In OpenIngres, you can do this from a 3GL procedure; the program must be
: an ABF application.  Before OpenIngres, the answer was no.

You can call an application (ie a program) and even specify a "starting"
4gl procedure/frame name - regardless of the Ingres version.  However, you
cannot call that procedure/frame directly - that would be nice, though!
Is it REALLY coming in OpenIngres?
--

Control Software, Inc.    "These opinions are my own - don't blame my employer"

1. Passing role/group to called ABF QBF/RBF frames

This originally began as a question on the SUID bit under OI 1.1.  I've
resigned myself to the fact that OI doesn't honor thw SUID bit in the way
6.x did.  I've tried using roles but cannot get past the role password
(posted separately) so now I'm trying groups. Now I find I cannot pass
the ABF/4GL application group (from the command line) to called QBF/RBF
frames or at least I cannot find it.

I guess I could use the CALL SYSTEM statement and generate a command line
call to qbf but that seems a bit kludgy.  (I should point out that I do
not have the Vision/ABF/4GL docs for OI, just 6.4.).

Am I missing something?  Is my caffeine level too low?

TIA,
Lucky
NAIUA Member

Lucky Leavell                            Phone: (812) 945-6555
Relational Information Systems, Inc.       FAX: (812) 949-9233

New Albany, IN 47150-2013                       71534,2674 (CompuServe)
                                 WWW Home Page:  http://wl.iglou.com/ris

2. Data Quality

3. Too many permits - Was: Passing role/group to called ABF QBF/RBF frames

4. Seeking advice on Clipper 3rd-party products

5. Calling a abf frame from C-program..

6. sp_who2

7. ABF Application: C procedure and 4GL frame

8. tab inside of an input field?

9. Can a rule/procedure call a 3GL?

10. Calling an ABF 4GL Procedure from Batch

11. Calling ABF procedures from C

12. ABF-Proc/Frames Multiple Applikations

13. ABF/QBF frames ignore group for validation