PROBLEM WITH ACCESS , ODBC & Ingres II

Post by Mike La » Tue, 19 Oct 1999 04:00:00

> I have problem accessing from Access my tables present in  Ingres II Solaris
> server.
> The problem arise when the tables have a primary key with more that 6 fields.
> Here below there is the trace from ODBC with the error :

> MSACCESS        7b:99 EXIT  SQLExecute  with return code -1 (SQL_ERROR)
>   HSTMT               0x091234a8

>   DIAG [S1000] [CA][Ingres ODBC Driver][Ingres]optimizer ran out of
>     memory before generating execution plan (4)

> I've updated the opf_memory parameter until 50.000.000 but the error persist.

> What can i try to do ?

ACCESS has a reputation (ahem) for generating queries that include a lot
of "fluff" for queries on tables with multiple indexes.

You could try writing the SQL yourself and using a "pass through" query -
which essentially tells access to hand the query off to the server and not
to play with it.

----

  "I can barely speak for myself... let alone the CTSU!"
  "Help! My computer's falling apart!! The operating system's in 32 bits!"

1. Ingres II 2.0 & OpenROAD 3.5 Numblock-Problem

No Idea why, but when working with OR 3.5 we can't use the Numblock.
With OR 3.0, Sco 5.0.2 and Ingres2 it worked perfectly.
Now with OR 3.5, II 2.0 and Sco 5.0.5: nothing...

Anyone got an idea how to pair these to a perfect match?

THX

PS.: Both, OR and II, are patched with the most recent patches

2. VB to Oracle Call Interface

3. Ingres II & NET problem

4. Backup And restore and Change name of database ?

5. Ingres ==> MS ACCESS / ODBC problems

6. How to increase the performance of oracle73 under NT4 server?

7. Ingres installation problem - Ingres II 2.5 on hp-ux 11

8. MySql error message

9. Another Access 2.0 & Ingres problem

10. ODBC problem with Ingres and Microsoft Access

11. Ingres/MS-Access & ODBC

12. ODBC Repair & Compact problem with Access DB

13. ODBC Ingres in MS Access with Oracle ODBC