*** PARADOX question on table manipulation

*** PARADOX question on table manipulation

Post by Gene L » Wed, 20 Feb 1991 21:18:06

Can anyone tell me how to do the following in Paradox?

I have a table like this;

                Date       Price
        ________________________
     1/1/91         10.00
         1/4/91         10.00
         1/8/91         15.00
         1/20/91        10.00
           .
           .
           .

What I want is to generate a table with a third column which is the running
sum of the Price column ,  Like this:

                Date       Price       new
        _________________________________
     1/1/91         10.00     10.00
         1/4/91         10.00     20.00
         1/8/91         15.00     35.00
         1/20/91        10.00     45.00
           .
           .
           .

What I'm after is being able to graph the new column against the date
column.

Gene W. Lee

--
Gene Lee               UUCP: ...!uunet!s5000!minnow!lee
Unisys Corporation

If not for the courage of the fearless manager, the paycheck would be lost.

1. QUESTION : Paradox Engine & Paradox Table Language

To Anyone out there

I am currently using ...
========================

- Paradox Engine 3.0
- Paradox 4.0 for Windows
- Crystal Report 2.0 for Windows
- Borland Pascal with Objects 7.0

I am writing an application in Borland Pascal that uses
the Paradox Engine to manage some Paradox tables and uses
the Crystal Reporting Engine to print out reports.

Problem
=======

Crystal Reports seems to only be able to read tables whose
table language as been set to "Paradox (International)".

The Paradox Engine seems to only be able to read tables whose
table language as been set to "Paradox (ASCII)".

Has anyone got any good ideas to solve this problem ???

Jean.

+------------------------------------+
| Mr J.B. Li-Kam-Tin                 |
| ISO Science Operations (SAI)       |
+------------------------------------+
| ESTEC                              |
| Keplerlaan 1                       |
| PO Box 299                         |
| 2200 AG  Noordwijk                 |
| HOLLAND                            |
+------------------------------------+
| Tel : +31-(0)1719-85087            |
| Fax : +31-(0)1719-85434            |
+------------------------------------+

+------------------------------------+

2. Process cubes with DSO

3. SQL string manipulation question

4. Help with cursors

5. Date manipulation question

6. mSQL + servlets + Linux + classpath error

7. Question about String/Date Manipulation

8. A Problem with a filtered portal

9. GMT - Timezone manipulation question

10. 2 string manipulation questions (split/combine)

11. Image Manipulation Question

12. dbase III+ & index manipulation (Newbie question)

13. Two questions regarding recordset manipulation