Business Objects and Sybase

Post by Per Olav Nym » Wed, 22 Apr 1998 04:00:00

I would appreciate some basic help regarding the following problem:

I have a table set up in the following way.

Errornr  Amount   ErrorCom
1              1.2     This is a fatal error xxxxx
1              4.5     This is a fatal error xxxxx
2              1.0     This is not so bad yyyyy
2              2.0     This is not so bad yyyyy

In my univers I have two dimensjon objects ( Errornr and Errorcom ) and one
meassure object ( sum(Amount) )

When i use this in BusinessObjects, it creates the following query :

select errornr,errorcom, sum(amount)
from table
group by errornr, errorcom

My problem is that group by in Sybase allows onely 256 characters and
errorcom is 256 characters wide alone.

How can I make and object in BusinessObjects that is not going to be used
in group by ?

Thanks in advance

Per Olav Nymo

Business Objects and Sybase

Post by Chris Squires-Parki » Fri, 24 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Change the measure object sum(Amount) to Amount. The GROUP BY will
disappear but the SQL query will return every record in the table rather
than combinations of errornr and errorcom. Bus Obj will work just the
same but a bit slower because of the extra rows of data.

Chris Squires-Parkin
Orchard Information Systems Limited
Newcastle upon Tyne
United Kingdom

1. 24075-IN-Indianapolis-Business Objects-ORACLE-SQL-Business Objects, Oracle

=
Company    : Technisource
Website    : http://www.tsi.net
Job Title  : Business Objects, Oracle
Location   : Indianapolis, IN
Job Type   : Contract
============================
Technisource is an innovative and rapidly growing national contract, consulting
and staffing organization Technisource has a long list of satisfied clients and
hundreds of high caliber consultants with rewarding careers in the technical
industry Technisource offers the best solution whether our clients' needs are
for one engineer, a team or a complete outsourcing unit Since 1987 Technisource
has specialized in the technical consulting industry and is the most qualified
resource to turn for your next project Over 600 opportunities are listed on our
website, WWWTSINET for engineers, programmers, designers, technicians and
technical writers

 DURATION 6 - 9 months

Travel Required          :None
Educational Requirements :None
=
Required Skills
* Business Objects
* ORACLE
* SQL
=
=
Contact Information:
Reference : IND10366

Technisource
1901 NW 62nd St.,  #401

Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309

Phone: 800-940-1111 EXT 237
   -   -
Fax No: 888-290-2990

** Post jobs for 30 days for $40, unlimited postings $250/month
** Matching Resumes E-mailed daily
**  Your ads are virtually guaranteed to be seen by jobseekers on the NET' **

                    ** Automatic Posting to **
   ** Yahoo            ** Americas Job Bank    ** Career City

2. Find and replace with regular expression

3. MD-Indian Head-260482--Business Analyst-Business Objects-ORACLE-Business Analyst/programmer

4. D3 - ODBC - Excel - Mac

5. US-MN Business Systems Analyst-excell$$-RDBMS,Report Writers,Oracle Business Objects

6. Problem Loading RED

7. Business Objects and SAP Business Warehouse

8. How to copy LONG RAW data?

9. Business Objects, Data Objects and Multi-tier - Searching for samples

10. FREE BUSINESS FREE BUSINESS FREE BUSINESS

11. Comparison between Sql server 2000 and other e-BI tools like Business Objects and others