MySQL post install problems

Post by jeremy_sa.. » Wed, 07 Feb 2001 05:33:51

I installed MySQL (v 3.23.22-6) on a RedHat 7.0
system from the rpms that ship with RedHat, then
ran up2date which upgraded the MySQL rpms to v
3.23.32-1.7, then I ran mysql_install_db, which
seems to have ran just fine. But when I run
safe_mysql, the server dies immediately. When I
try to start the daemon by running
/etc/rc.d/init.d/mysqld start, it seems to start
(I get an OK to the side) but when I run the same
script with the 'status' option I get the
following:

        mysqld dead but subsys locked

This is on a machine with a fresh install of
RedHat 7.0, and I get the same error when I remove
the lock file from /var/lock/subsys. I had this
problem last week, so I formatted the hard drive
and put a fresh install on and I am still getting
the same thing. By the way, I get the same error
when I compile the source code and install. Any
help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Jeremy Savoy
IBM - Retail Store Solutions

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

1. MySQL post-install config

Hi,
        I am trying to setup MySQL on a Redhat 6.0 system. I installed MySQL,
MySQL-devel, and MySQL-client packages from rpm files. When I run

I get:
mysql daemon ended

I have found this problem addressed in the MySQL manual. According to
it, there should be an error log in /usr/share. There is no error log in
/usr/share or /usr/share/mysql. Can anyone tell me how I can get MySQL
to generate the log so I can debug this? Or better yet, anyone else had
the same problem and can tell me how to fix it? Thanks for any and all
help. Replies directly to my email are especially welcome.

James Barnett
Maintainer/E.themes.org
http://e.themes.org

2. Starting snapshot by comand line

3. MySQL post installation problems

4. Why not use "like" in access 2000?

5. 9 asi post-install problems ?

6. The (Dynamic) LinkListing & The Swing Classes

7. install MySQL rpm problem

8. MySQL, Red Hat 5.1, RPMs, problems installing.

9. MySQL Install problems...Please help!

10. MySQL Install problems, W98 binary v3.23.44

11. Having problem with POST while using it for posting data in a multi record block