16-bit ODBC v2.0 from 32-bit NT APP

Post by David Chive » Wed, 13 Jul 1994 04:23:24

Is it possible to access a 16-bit ODBC driver from a
32-bit NT application?  The ODBC manual suggests the
NT applications can't do this (something to do with the
thunking DLLs having the same name).

I've tried it and it doesn't seem to work.  Am I doing
something wrong?

Thanks alot.
Dave

1. corruption of 16 bit db when used by both 16 and 32 bit apps

I am experiencing apparent corruption of my Access 2.0 database when it is
used by both 16 bit and 32 bit applications. Is there a problem with using
both 16 and 32 bit when working with Access 2.0?

The 32 bit app uses the 35 to 25 compatability library, and the 16 bit app
uses the 2.5 compatability layer

The project I am working on uses a 32 bit communications application written
in VB5 for file transfers, and a 16 bit application written in VB4 for
preparing the transfer files (providing administrative data, attaching
images, etc.). The database we use is Access 2.0. This is a legacy
application originally written in VB3, and slowly being upgraded as
customers become willing to upgrade hardware and OS.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
David M. Nichols

2. Please Help, Password Protected Jet Databases

3. 16 Bit app trying to access 32 bit ODBC driver

4. Jet 3.0 Multi-user stability

5. 16 bit app. vs 32 bit ODBC

6. Please help with "'"

7. 16-bit/32-bit ODBC drivers - NT Environment

8. ODBC - Driver for 16-Bit and 32-Bit Windows NT Applikations

9. ODBC driver installation conflicts (between 16 bit and 32 bit drivers) on NT

10. Migrating 16-bit ODBC DLL (SQLServer) to 32-bit ODBC DLL (MS Access)

11. 16 bit + 32 bit apps complaining