Need software testing tools - Any ideas?

Need software testing tools - Any ideas?

Post by Jeff Tulle » Tue, 11 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Dear All

This may not be appropriate to this group but you guys may be able to help
with this query I have.

 We use a W4GL front end and SQL Server on Windows 95 and NT respectively.

I am trying to locate an automated software testing tool.  The software tool
could work in one of two ways.  Either, record key strokes as data is
entered into a test database so that the macro can be run over a set of data
using control programs and then rerun over the same data but with modified
programs.  Or, run a program using the control program and then run the
modified program and record the differences.

The purpose of the software tool is to run through some standard or bespoke
software
processes  to perform before and after tests on original
and new software for the ulimate aim of ensuring quality assurance

Hope you can help!

Jeff Tulley

PS - I apologise for the intrusion into this group.

Post by automatedtest.. » Wed, 12 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Take a look at www.autotestco.com to get you started.

> Dear All

> This may not be appropriate to this group but you guys may be able to
help
> with this query I have.

>  We use a W4GL front end and SQL Server on Windows 95 and NT
respectively.

> I am trying to locate an automated software testing tool.  The
software tool
> could work in one of two ways.  Either, record key strokes as data is
> entered into a test database so that the macro can be run over a set
of data
> using control programs and then rerun over the same data but with
modified
> programs.  Or, run a program using the control program and then run
the
> modified program and record the differences.

> The purpose of the software tool is to run through some standard or
bespoke
> software
> processes  to perform before and after tests on original
> and new software for the ulimate aim of ensuring quality assurance

> Hope you can help!

> Jeff Tulley

> PS - I apologise for the intrusion into this group.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Need software testing tools - Any ideas?

Post by Paul.Sug.. » Wed, 12 Jan 2000 04:00:00

We use CompuWare's QACentre/QALoad & EcoScope - this tests against VB,
Tuxedo and OI2.0.

Checkout www.compuware.com

Cheers,

Paul