records search methods in Btrieve 5.0 for DOS data files via C++ library

records search methods in Btrieve 5.0 for DOS data files via C++ library

Post by jul.. » Wed, 10 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I was asked to develop a function a-la "web search" for making a search by several keywords in the large Btrieve data file. Btrieve version 5.0 for DOS. Sequential comparison of each record's 3 desired fields with each of the search keywords is not acceptable because it takes longer than it is required. Btrieve operations GetEqual, GetGreater etc. do not give the desired result. If anybody was dealing with this problem please contact me and I'll explain the situation more precisely. I also would be grateful for any advices or references to Internet sources.

Best regards Julia P.

icq uin: 11800451

1. DOS C/C++ Function Library for PDOX 5.0 Tables

Borland offers BDE - Windows only - for accessing PDOX 5.0 and earlier tables; they
offer Paradox Engine - DOS only - for accessing PDOX 4.0 and earlier tables.

I'm looking for a similar product that allows access to PDOX 5.0 tables from DOS
programs.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards,

G. Slade

2. Espera de recursos

3. Btrieve - How can I access Btrieve files in VB 5.0

4. guidance for standby server

5. Need some help with btrieve 5.0 data files

6. Enterprise Manager

7. New release: bFAST - a C++ library for Btrieve

8. sequences

9. Convert Btrieve 5.0 files to Access file

10. we need help on the CodeBase 5.0 xBase Library with Borland C++ 4.0

11. Need DOS ased SQL library for c/c++

12. C++ database class libraries for DOS/Windows

13. Calling native C++ method from Oracle Java stored procedure via J NI