Win 98 and MS Jet 4.0 ODBC Driver

Post by Mike Sawalsk » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 08:49:14

Hi!

I have an older setup of Win 98, and am writing a Visual Basic 6 app
that is using an Access 2000 database.  I would like this app to use an
MS Jet 4.0 ODBC
driver to get at the data.  Trouble is, when I use the ODBC manager, I
only see MS Jet 3.5 there.  Two questions:

1.  Where can I get the Jet 4.0 driver from?
2.  How do I install this so that the ODBC manager will recognize it,
and I can create my ODBC data source?

Just an FYI, I went to the following link:

ACC2002: The Updated Version of Microsoft Jet 4.0 Is Available in the
Download Center
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=282010

and downloaded the MS Jet 4.0 SP7 pack, ran it, went to Control Panel to
create the data source, and the MS Jet 4.0 driver did not appear.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Mike-

Win 98 and MS Jet 4.0 ODBC Driver

Post by Alex Dybenk » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 16:48:30

i think if you install ADO 2.5 or 2.6 - it will intstall all necessary files
also
look at www.microsoft.com/data

--
Alex Dybenko (MVP)
http://Alex.Dybenko.com

Quote:> Hi!

> I have an older setup of Win 98, and am writing a Visual Basic 6 app
> that is using an Access 2000 database.  I would like this app to use an
> MS Jet 4.0 ODBC
> driver to get at the data.  Trouble is, when I use the ODBC manager, I
> only see MS Jet 3.5 there.  Two questions:

> 1.  Where can I get the Jet 4.0 driver from?
> 2.  How do I install this so that the ODBC manager will recognize it,
> and I can create my ODBC data source?

> Just an FYI, I went to the following link:

> ACC2002: The Updated Version of Microsoft Jet 4.0 Is Available in the
> Download Center
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=282010

> and downloaded the MS Jet 4.0 SP7 pack, ran it, went to Control Panel to
> create the data source, and the MS Jet 4.0 driver did not appear.

> Any ideas?

> Thanks!

> -Mike-

Win 98 and MS Jet 4.0 ODBC Driver

Post by Russ Gray [M » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 09:13:05

Hi Mike

I recommend installing MDAC 2.5 SP3. That will give you the latest jet
engine and the ODBC driver.

I hope this helps,

Russ Gray
Microsoft Developer Support

http://www.microsoft.com/security.

Win 98 and MS Jet 4.0 ODBC Driver

Post by Hal Daviso » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 15:28:58

How does one such as myself determine WHICH MDAC I have installed on my
Windows XP PRO?

Quote:

> Hi Mike

> I recommend installing MDAC 2.5 SP3. That will give you the latest jet
> engine and the ODBC driver.

> I hope this helps,

> Russ Gray
> Microsoft Developer Support

> This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no
rights.

> Are you secure? For information about the Microsoft Strategic Technology
> Protection Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
> http://www.microsoft.com/security.

Win 98 and MS Jet 4.0 ODBC Driver

Post by Hal Daviso » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 02:08:35

Found the solution to this in MSDN with the Microsoft relaese of cc.exe

> How does one such as myself determine WHICH MDAC I have installed on my
> Windows XP PRO?

> > Hi Mike

> > I recommend installing MDAC 2.5 SP3. That will give you the latest jet
> > engine and the ODBC driver.

> > I hope this helps,

> > Russ Gray
> > Microsoft Developer Support

> > This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no
> rights.

> > Are you secure? For information about the Microsoft Strategic Technology
> > Protection Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please
visit
> > http://www.microsoft.com/security.

1. MS Jet Ole DB on Win 98 and Win 2000

Dear Frieinds,

I m experiencing strange problem, my app is on win 98 machine
using MS Jet Ole DB 4. When recordset is reached eof and i use the
statement

rsQuotHdr.Find " < mycriteria > ", , adSearchForward, 1

then it finds the record

but when recordset reached eof then on Win 2000, this statement does
not find the record (but records is there in recordset) and I have to
say rs.movefirst before the find statement, then it finds record.

I checked provider dll files -

on Win 98 I have

MSJET40.dll        ver 4.00.2927.4 and
MSJETOLEDB40.dll   ver 4.00.2927.2

and on win 2000 I have only MSJET40.dll  ver 4.0.4431.3

So is this problem is due to these dll file and their ver differences
?
Has anybody experienced similar situation.

Hoping some good comments throwing light on this issue

Thanks,

Nitin.

2. Efficiency implications of outer joins

3. WIN 98 ODBC Drivers

4. FREE CDE2 TRAINING! CDE2 Ambassadors Program, Part II

5. Windows 98 Jet 4.0 Replication with SQL Server 2000 fails

6. Enterprise Manager

7. MS Jet 4.0 OLE DB & Win 2000

8. Advice on VFP Framework selection, please.

9. Install SQL Server 7 on Win 98 pc running CleanSweep 4.0

10. Problems: PDOX 4.0 with Win 98

11. PDOX 4.0 Keyboard Freeze in WIN 98

12. HELP - Error 50003 - VB5, Win 95, Win 98, Win NT

13. MS SQL Server 7.0 and Win. 98