HELP!! FOXPRO 2.5 FOR DOS

Post by Dr. Robert C » Fri, 15 Apr 1994 15:27:16

I am new to FoxPro 2.5 for Dos, is there anyone out there who can help
me answer some of the following questions.

Does anybody know how to link an index field in one database to several
sub database.

For example:

my main database asked the user to enter a SERIAL NO. and there are
several other sub database which also contain a field for entering the
SERIAL NO., but I want my main database SERIAL NO. to be copied into all
my sub database, therefore, eliminating the user from re-entering the
serial no. again.

Also, how would I go about creating a way that it will prompt the user
to ENTER A SERIAL NO. first and if that serial no. does not exit, I want
my program to automatically load a blank input screen which I have all
ready created, but if the user enters a serial no. that already exist, then
the program will tell the user that "serial no. already exist".

I always have a error "Alias not found" when I try to run a program.

If anyone out there can help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,
Robert

Please forward all replies to the above noted address.

1. FoxPro DOS 2.5 in Win DOS Shell

I was noticing today that when running FoxPro for DOS 2.5 in a Windows DOS
shell that numeric overflow evaluated to a negative value but when run
just in DOS evaluates to a positive value.  Are there any other strange
behaviors that occur when running in a DOS Shell?

2. MD-Bethesda, Rockville-249760--Systems Administration-HP-UX-Solaris-LAN-ORACLE-P

3. FoxPro 2.5 DOS...help please??

4. How to import mail attachment to SQL database automatically

5. Foxpro 2.5 Dos and Foxpro 2.6 Windows

6. dataease

7. Foxpro 2.5 Dos Browse help

8. Pdox5.0 database errors.

9. HELP!!! FOXPRO 2.5 DOS

10. FoxPro 2.5 DOS: fichier d'aide, help file

11. HELP! Problem compiling on Foxpro 2.5 for DOS

12. set century on problem with FoxPro DOS 2.5 and FoxPro Win 2.6a