1. Excel VB DDE to VC++ DDE server in NT
I don't know if this is the appropriate group for this question, but I've tried
everything and still can't figure it out: I am trying to build a DDE connection
between an Excel VBasic client and a server written in VC++ 2.0, on Windows NT 3.5.
The Excel is 16 bit.
I have followed the exact procedure which is almost the same in several books,
I can get the connection up (DDEInitiate), execute stuff (DDEExecute), close
the connection (DDETerminate), but fail the requests (DDERequest).
The statement copied from the online help
returnList = DDERequest(channelNumber, "mytopic")
seems to run fine on the C++ server, returns the right result, but I get an
"Error 2042" in 'returnList'.
The related C++ code at the DDE server site (in the DDE callback function, for the
XTYP_REQUEST message) is:
HDDEDATA resultData = DdeCreateDataHandle(idInst, (LPBYTE)(LPCTSTR)result,
result.GetLenth()+1, 0, hszAppName, CF_TEXT, 0);
The only reasons I could see for this not to work are: mixing 32 bit DDE server with
the 16 bit version of Excel; the data type (I used CF_TEXT hoping that's the easiest
thing to do, since all I'm passing around is text).
Could anybody help?
Silviu Marghescu Phone: (202)458-8017
E9-008, PBD/PS Fax: (202)522-3377
2. Temporary Tables in SQL 6.5 & IIS 4.0
3. Help for dde winword / demande d'aide sur dde winword
4. Sqlplus Question After New Install
5. PDOX 5 for Windows as DDE server, WordPerfect 6.x for Windows as DDE client?
6. Pivot Table Question
7. DDE Between Access ADP and B-Coder Pro not working in win2k
8. UTL_SMTP : 421 Service not available ?
9. Is possible import excel file with DTS, which includes DDE link
10. DDE timeout from MSQuery ODBC call to MSWord
11. odbc/dde problem
12. DDE Dilemma
13. Sending DDE