Change the owner of a DB?

Post by S. Khemmaniva » Tue, 19 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

Is there any way to change the owner of a database once
the database has been created? I don't want to have to unload
and reload the DB.  Could I modify some ii tables?

Somckit Khemmanivanh

Change the owner of a DB?

Post by Martin Bow » Tue, 19 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi Somckit,

    Unfortunatly this isnt as easy as you may think! Not only would you have
    to play with object ownership on the database, you'd have to monkey with
    iidatabase in iidbdb, but worst of all you'd have to play with the config
    files for the database. The latter would require a binary editor or C
    program etc.

    Unloading and reloading may be slow, but at least it is fully supported by
    CA. Furthermore, the DBA Guide describes the process fully for you.

    Martin Bowes

Quote:

--
Random Duckman Quote #4:
Cornfed - You're aware that while it affords one the momentary

1. Change DB owner/Table owner

I know it is possible to change the database owner, but am I able to
change
the owner of a table as well?  Currently, the owner of the database and
tables
is EXAV.  The problem is for the programmers...  this is the only table
owned by
anyone other than DBO.  We've got some code that is supposed to work
for both tables and it causes them some coding problems because that
qualifier
isn't the same.  For the tables owned by EXAV, they have to code it
EXAV.tablename
and for the tables owned by DBO, they just code the tablename.

Is there anything I can do short of creating a new database and copying
the data over?
Thanks for the advice!
Toni Eibner

2. MVPs please help

3. How to change DB owner

4. Avoiding stored proc recompile

5. Changing the DB owner

6. VFP 3 - Any good books for beginners for application development?

7. How to change DB owner

8. fast sp w/indexed view is very slow when invoked in vb/ado

9. change db owner from sa to another login with sysadmin provilege

10. change Db owner

11. DB Owner changed after Restore

12. Checkpoint DB with DB changes

13. Q: Lost DB due to system crash but saved DB files how to recreate DB.