FoxPro SetFocus to an Option Group problem

FoxPro SetFocus to an Option Group problem

Post by Pete » Sat, 02 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I have a FoxPro Version 6.0  Optiongroup with Yes or No (which is made
Visible and Enabled if I make changes to the record) to ask me if I want
to archive the old data.  When calling the Yes option with
"THISFORM.OptionGroup1.Yes.SetFocus" I get it (I know this because the
When fires) but it immediately falls out of the option group, back to
the line immediately after the THIS ~.SetFocus call.  I can't click Yes
or No - it doesn't stop to let me.

This used to work a couple of months ago but now is not.  If I create a
fresh new option group, the same occurs.  Could it be something in the
form that disallows the program to stop there?  What could be wrong?
TIA.

Post by Gene Wirchen » Sat, 02 Oct 1999 04:00:00

>I have a FoxPro Version 6.0  Optiongroup with Yes or No (which is made
>Visible and Enabled if I make changes to the record) to ask me if I want
>to archive the old data.  When calling the Yes option with
>"THISFORM.OptionGroup1.Yes.SetFocus" I get it (I know this because the
>When fires) but it immediately falls out of the option group, back to
>the line immediately after the THIS ~.SetFocus call.  I can't click Yes
>or No - it doesn't stop to let me.

>This used to work a couple of months ago but now is not.  If I create a
>fresh new option group, the same occurs.  Could it be something in the
>form that disallows the program to stop there?  What could be wrong?
>TIA.

     Maybe the form isn't modal?

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:
     I have preferences.
     You have biases.
     He/She has prejudices.

1. SetFocus problem with Option Groups

I have a FoxPro Version 6.0  Optiongroup with Yes or No (which is made
Visible and Enabled if I make changes to the record) to ask me if I want
to archive the old data.  When calling the Yes option with
"THISFORM.OptionGroup1.Yes.SetFocus" I get it (I know this because the
When fires) but it immediately falls out of the option group, back to
the line immediately after the THIS ~.SetFocus call.  I can't click Yes
or No - it doesn't stop to let me.

This used to work a couple of months ago but now is not.  If I create a
fresh new option group, the same occurs.  Could it be something in the
form that disallows the program to stop there?  What could be wrong?
TIA.

2. Array as parameter

3. Option Group/Option Button

4. Need info on databases for cartographic systems

5. problems with reinstallations with bitmap option and paralell-select option

6. rogue wave dbtools.h++ and ingres access library

7. DBGrid Problem -- SetFocus Limit

8. Stored Procedure - How to create queries based on information from a select statement

9. .LostFocus/.SetFocus problem

10. SetFocus problem with v3.0b

11. Another setfocus problem in VFP 3

12. Problem with SetFocus()