Protected Access database totally visible via ODBC???

Protected Access database totally visible via ODBC???

Post by Jeff Stewar » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 06:47:15

I'm using PHP's odbc_* functions to access an Access database.  I've found
that unless I specify a -database password-, all attempts to read/write to
the database succeed, no matter what credentials I pass through via ODBC.
I've setup the database to have two users: Admin, and Tester, and I've set
the users' permissions and the permissions on their groups to what I want.
But I can odbc_connect() with a blank username and password and get all the
information I want out of the database.

Is this normal?

--
Jeff S.

1. Must open database with Access befor accessing it via ODBC

I have made some Web-pages with .idc and .htx,
it works fine as long as i have opened the database with Access on any
machine in the network.
But when i close the database in Access, i no longer can acces the database
via the .idc.-file from the Web-server.
I get error -1031 cant lock file.
Is there any way to work around this?
Perhaps a SQL-statement or some properties in the ODBC-driver.
Greatful for all help

email me
Bjorn Fredriksson

2. Return Table datatype from SP through JDBC/ODBC

3. Accessing access via MFC Database classes and ODBC

4. Database Diagram - Visibility?

5. Accessing Password Protected Parardox Tables in Access/ODBC

6. Year 2000 Suggestions Request

7. Accessing a password protected Access 97 database using the Jet Engine

8. I meant performing a find in filemaker pro 3...

9. Access a password protected access database.

10. VB 4.0 (32-bit) accessing password protected Access 7.0 database

11. VB6 accessing simple password protected Access database problems

12. Linking to Access table via BDE via ODBC

13. ? Oracle 8.0 can access SQL 6.5 Database via ODBC Driver